Wanting to join IBEW local 34 - Electrician Talk - Professional Electrical Contractors Forum
CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY, IT'S FREE!
Go Back   Electrician Talk - Professional Electrical Contractors Forum > Electrical Forum > New Member Introductions

Old 02-26-2008, 03:26 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10
Default Wanting to join IBEW local 34

Hello all, my name is Drew and I live in central, IL.. I am interested in applying at the local union hall as an apprentice, but I am nervous about the test, would like to make a good first impression. I have been a self employed general contractor for 8 years and do not specialize in anything. I am fairly familiar with residential electrical code but have never worked under a licensed electrician. I am 39, tired of the rat race, and ready for a career.

I have not taken an aptitude test in many years, and this makes me nervous. Many years have passed since algebra and trig classes. I have a week to prepare if anyone has any advice I would greatly appreciate it. Of all the trades, the brotherhood of electricians is my first choice, really don't want to end up a pipe fitter after all.

thanks,
Drew
Relative Space is offline   Reply With Quote
Join Contractor Talk

Join the #1 Electrician Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

ElectricianTalk.com - Are you a Professional Electrical Contractor? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's the leading place for electricians to meet online. No homeowners asking DIY questions. Just fellow tradesmen who enjoy talking about their business, their trade, and anything else that comes up. No matter what your specialty is you'll find that ElectricianTalk.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join ElectricianTalk.com - Click Here JOIN FOR FREE

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. ElectricianTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-26-2008, 04:11 PM   #2
Local 134 - A Card

Rewards Points: 150

If you have a fax number or email address, I can scan-email/fax you the practice questions I was given. I took 2 different tests for 2 different Electrician Locals here in the Chicago land area and the tests were COMPLETELY different. One test was more basic math but a lot of questions in a short period of time and the other test was more involved algebra but less questions... The study manual i have that I can forward you was from Local 134's test in Chicago.

Hope i can help with your journey!
Chicagoguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 04:45 PM   #3
Local 134 - A Card

Rewards Points: 150

Quote:
Originally Posted by Relative Space View Post
Hello all, my name is Drew and I live in central, IL.. I am interested in applying at the local union hall as an apprentice, but I am nervous about the test, would like to make a good first impression. I have been a self employed general contractor for 8 years and do not specialize in anything. I am fairly familiar with residential electrical code but have never worked under a licensed electrician. I am 39, tired of the rat race, and ready for a career.

I have not taken an aptitude test in many years, and this makes me nervous. Many years have passed since algebra and trig classes. I have a week to prepare if anyone has any advice I would greatly appreciate it. Of all the trades, the brotherhood of electricians is my first choice, really don't want to end up a pipe fitter after all.

thanks,
Drew
I just posted a thread just for you bud
Chicagoguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-29-2008, 07:11 PM   #4
Town Drunk

Rewards Points: 2

Welcome to the forum!
It's not my fault, it's not my problem, I'm not your solution.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

JohnJ0906 is offline   Reply With Quote