Who is allowed to do electrical work - Electrician Talk - Professional Electrical Contractors Forum
CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY, IT'S FREE!
Go Back   Electrician Talk - Professional Electrical Contractors Forum > Electrical Forum > New Member Introductions

Old 02-10-2008, 02:03 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 2,002
Default Who is allowed to do electrical work

There is a shopping plaza in Ca where two idiots do all the handyman work. They do electrical plumbing drywall they take care of everything from painting to fixing fence posts. They have worked for the property management company for ten plus years in the same location. I am remodeling a resteraunt where these guys did all the electrical work for the former tenent wrong. I am finding buried junction boxes, House lighting in from different a different panel in the same conduits as this suites recepticals, exit signs that are on the swithched portion of the lighting circuit. Way to many wires in j boxes. Any way this lack of workmanship is costing me my customer a lot of extra money. Can these guys be held responsabe for their work. And should I be able to back charge for having to redo a lot of stuff that they just hacked in and buried behind drywall. All this work they did in this suite is less than six months old and they told me themselves about how they just hacked it in.

Join the #1 Electrician Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

ElectricianTalk.com - Are you a Professional Electrical Contractor? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's the leading place for electricians to meet online. No homeowners asking DIY questions. Just fellow tradesmen who enjoy talking about their business, their trade, and anything else that comes up. No matter what your specialty is you'll find that ElectricianTalk.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join ElectricianTalk.com - Click Here JOIN FOR FREE

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. ElectricianTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-10-2008, 08:58 PM   #2
Semi-Retired

Rewards Points: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bkessler View Post
And should I be able to back charge for having to redo a lot of stuff that they just hacked in and buried behind drywall. All this work they did in this suite is less than six months old and they told me themselves about how they just hacked it in.
No question that you *should* be doing this work as a change order.
Get paid by YOUR customer first though

But the landlord is the one who should ultimately be paying and your customer is the one who should be getting it from them.
Do what you can to stay out of that fight.
Old 02-10-2008, 11:40 PM   #3

Rewards Points: 75

I'd be finding out who the Property Management has insurance with and letting them know of what you have discovered. Their insurance cover would be null and void. You could end up with a lot of new work out of it.

Start counting the dollars.
simmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-11-2008, 12:35 AM   #4

Rewards Points: 2,002

I thought I posted this in general discussion maybe speedy can move it for me.
Old 02-11-2008, 02:48 AM   #5

Rewards Points: 25

Contact your local electrical inspector
gampa is offline   Reply With Quote