309A test Ontario GTA - Electrician Talk - Professional Electrical Contractors Forum
CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY, IT'S FREE!
Go Back   Electrician Talk - Professional Electrical Contractors Forum > Electrical Trade Topics > Canadian Electrical Forum

Old 04-15-2019, 02:49 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 4
Default 309A test Ontario GTA

Hey guys, just new to this page and I've just booked my exam for 24th April.
so i little bit about me. I've just immigrated to Canada from Northern Ireland (UK) and have been an electrician for over 10 years, I've completed my trade equivalency with the college of trade , so all is good now to write my test. basically I've been learning from the 2018 24th edition code book and have been doing a csa course online with unlimited amount of times you can do the test however upon booking my test i asked if it was the 2018 exam and she said no its 2015 one .im assuming that it won't me much difference and what I'm learning is basically the same thing just with added sections in the new book.
has anyone recently taken the test guild me to the best sections to learn ?
Thanks Aaron
Waldolad is offline   Reply With Quote
Join Contractor Talk

Join the #1 Electrician Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

ElectricianTalk.com - Are you a Professional Electrical Contractor? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's the leading place for electricians to meet online. No homeowners asking DIY questions. Just fellow tradesmen who enjoy talking about their business, their trade, and anything else that comes up. No matter what your specialty is you'll find that ElectricianTalk.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join ElectricianTalk.com - Click Here JOIN FOR FREE

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. ElectricianTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-17-2019, 09:05 AM   #2

Rewards Points: 24

Hi,
I did the 442a recently and I failed. I think the test is base on the Red Seal Occupational Standard. Visit the Red Seal website and under Construction Electrician. Good luck to us.
iori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2019, 04:17 PM   #3

Hey Lori ,
I Failed mine aswell last week but least i now know what to expect and have been straight back revising the areas i never looked at, as i was studying the 2018 pre exam course and it didn't have half the stuff i needed to look at so i downloaded the cec 2015 app for the iPhone and just been doing the practice exams every day.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-03-2019, 04:22 PM   #4

Rewards Points: 24

Hi Waldolad,
I went again on April 25, I got the results yesterday and passed with 75%. Don't give up.
iori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2019, 04:31 PM   #5

Nice one , yea I have to wait til the 10th to book it again
Old 05-03-2019, 08:01 PM   #6

Rewards Points: 2,614

Welcome to Electrician Talk Waldo.
Thanks for taking the time to fill out your profile.
John Valdes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2019, 01:12 PM   #7

Rewards Points: 12

Hi Waldolad,

i've also recently had my TEA approved and in the process of booking the 309a exam. It sounds like i've been preparing in a similar way (2018 CEC + csa online OCOT C&M course). Did you find the csa course as being helpful when it came to the exam? Or any particular reading material?

cheers
andyhew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2019, 01:27 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyhew View Post
Hi Waldolad,

i've also recently had my TEA approved and in the process of booking the 309a exam. It sounds like i've been preparing in a similar way (2018 CEC + csa online OCOT C&M course). Did you find the csa course as being helpful when it came to the exam? Or any particular reading material?

cheers

Hey Andy, when I failed it the first time I bought the iPhone app for the 2015 cec questions as the 2018 only focused on maybe like 14 sections of the code, you really need to know all of the sections or near enough them all. Just need to know where to find the answers in the book.i got 52% the first time, I actually retook the test yesterday, felt more confident but was still a hard test. It took me the full 4 hours given. Here's hoping lol