Australian Plug wiring - Electrician Talk - Professional Electrical Contractors Forum
CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY, IT'S FREE!
Go Back   Electrician Talk - Professional Electrical Contractors Forum > Electrical Trade Topics > Canadian Electrical Forum

Like Tree5Likes
  • 2 Post By jw0445
  • 2 Post By daveEM
  • 1 Post By Incognito
Closed Thread

Old 04-17-2019, 11:48 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 4
Default Australian Plug wiring

Hi, I need to convert an Australian 240V 15A 50Hz plug to a north american plug. It's a 3 prong plug, two hot wiring on either side and the middle prong is wider and I am hung on weather it is Neutral or Ground. I think it is a ground just wanted some more opinions. This device has a control panel that controls 3 elements.

Any body experience this before?

Thanks,
Join Contractor Talk

Join the #1 Electrician Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

ElectricianTalk.com - Are you a Professional Electrical Contractor? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's the leading place for electricians to meet online. No homeowners asking DIY questions. Just fellow tradesmen who enjoy talking about their business, their trade, and anything else that comes up. No matter what your specialty is you'll find that ElectricianTalk.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join ElectricianTalk.com - Click Here JOIN FOR FREE

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. ElectricianTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-17-2019, 12:20 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 1,378

I'll refrain from being a smart ass, but you shouldn't be rewiring this even if you knew what you were doing.

Tim.
Old 04-17-2019, 12:31 PM   #3

Rewards Points: 4

I have contacted the supplier and they are going to send me a diagram on the proper North american wiring. Next I will be Modifying the Unit so I can control it with Craft BeerPi. I will have solid state relays control the elements. I will have a switch that will allow the factory controller to control the temps or My controller to control the temps.
This is just the first modification of many
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-17-2019, 12:36 PM   #4

Rewards Points: 1,590

good luck
The_Modifier and tmessner like this.
The Following User Says Thank You to jw0445 For This Useful Post:
gusterminator (04-17-2019)
Old 04-17-2019, 01:04 PM   #5
:-)

Rewards Points: 2,374

Careful you don't burn up.
The_Modifier and 99cents like this.

I like perfect.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 04-17-2019, 01:37 PM   #6
RSE Electrician

Rewards Points: 136

Quote:
Originally Posted by gusterminator View Post
I have contacted the supplier and they are going to send me a diagram on the proper North american wiring. Next I will be Modifying the Unit so I can control it with Craft BeerPi. I will have solid state relays control the elements. I will have a switch that will allow the factory controller to control the temps or My controller to control the temps.
This is just the first modification of many
What province are you in? I assume this equipment does not have a CSA logo on it?

In Ontario you would have to get "special inspection" to certify any modifications you make and give it CSA approval.
The_Modifier likes this.
Old 04-17-2019, 01:53 PM   #7

Rewards Points: 756

No ...I know how to power equipment....and if it is from overseas what certifications are needed.
Or is this something you are playing with ? If so this is not the site for you .
Closed Thread