Electrician Talk banner

Apprenticeship

11K views 34 replies 10 participants last post by  LetsGoFlyers19032 
#1 ·
Hey everyone, new to the site....

I have just received my letter from NEAT stating that I passed my aptitude test, It was pretty difficult for me given all the complicated algebra, but the reading portion was a breeze. The woman I talked to said she couldn't give me my exact score but told me I scored well above average. I Have an interview coming up here in a few weeks and I have a few questions.

First, is there anything that I should go over prior to the interview to make sure I know that they will ask me.

Second, should I go for the suit and tie? My uncle said not to and is union already but everyone else I have talked to suggests I do so.

Third, Does anyone know if I will receive my ranking after the interview or is it basically up in the air?

And last but not least, How long after the interview (given I meet their requirements) will it take to start working?

I do have my class A along with CPR First aid AED certs already taken care of.

Any response would be appreciated, Thanks!

See less See more
#7 ·
I wore suit and tie and got a letter stating I was on the waiting list to be picked off of, they didn't give me my rank. However I know there are 115 people On the list and they told me at the interview I "wouldn't be on the bottom" I'd over dress if I were you. It really can't hurt. They're all suits that interview you so why not dress to impress. I'm just waiting on a call to start boot camp. Are you going inside or outside?

#16 ·
Damn you must have just missed a camp. I tested and everything last may. I'm just trying to be patient, hopefully we get called soon. They had a camp in September but heard only two guys from 351 were pulled for it. Should be another one Februaryish

#20 ·
Good luck getting in touch with a BA lol, I have a buddy in 456 and I also have a cousin in local 399 ironworkers. My cousins president is close with guys out of the IBEW and just let me know how the whole process goes. Wish he could help me get in but that's not how NEAT operates.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.