Electrician Talk banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Figuring Wattage

3K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  Speedy Petey 
#1 ·
I have three 175 w Metal Halide fixtures on the outside of my garage. I want to use a single photocell to control them. What kind of wattage will I need in a photocell ? The system is 120 volt.

#7 ·
Your going to need like 6 or 8 of them wired together to produce the proper frequency for the metal halide's. If the fused induced voltage is over amp'd you will need a buck and boost transformer to correct the power factor.

Sounds good right?
Sounds good to me BUT [and bearing in mind I am a UK Electrical Engineer and our electricicity differs to yours] you would need to consider whether your supply is dextro or levo rotatory. Plus 3rd hamonicas and transitional evoluments could, but are unlikely, to be an issue

#8 ·
Thanks for posting on ElectricianTalk.com. The Moderators/Admin of this forum would prefer if you post Do It Yourself related topics on our sister site www.DIYChatroom.com

As stated in the sign up page, ElectricianTalk.com is designed for electrical industry professionals to discuss issues and topics related to the electrical trades and related industries. Many of our professionals are also members at DIYChatroom.com and are looking forward to assist you with your needs.

Please take a moment to post your question at
www.DIYChatroom.com If your not already a member of DIYChatroom.com you can sign up for a free account by going to http://www.diychatroom.com/register.php/

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.