Electrician Talk banner

Discussions Showcase Albums Media Media Comments Tags Marketplace

1-6 of 6 Results
  1. Residential Electrical Forum
    Hi, I am trying to splice a 4 AWG GEC. I already have this tool: Ancor® 703040 - SAE 8-4/0 AWG Hex Lug and Splice Heavy Duty Terminal Crimper and I plan on using this splice: Burndy YS4C Is this doable? I would rather not buy another tool. If not, why not? and which affordable tool would you...
  2. NEC Code Forum
    Customer's house has 1 ground rod. AHJ wants me to install another to comply with 250.53(A)(2) So the GEC will originate at the ground buss in the panel and then connect to the existing ground rod (ground rod #1) and terminate at the new supplemental ground rod (ground rod #2) Question: Do I...
  3. Residential Electrical Forum
    A customer has a panel where all the branch circuits are in copper NM with ground. However, there is no GEC, or water pipe bond in the service panel. In fact, there are no grounds larger than 12 AWG in the panel and they are all associated with the branches. I don't see any ground rods or water...
  4. General Electrical Discussion
    Hi to all members of these great Forums, Because this is my first Post in these Forums I will introduce myself a little. I have a Bachelor Degree in Biology and I am also a Carpenter. I become interested in Electricity since a few years ago, so last year I started to read a lot about...
  5. Services and Service Equipment
    Looking at a 400amp service in an old building. Stone foundation, plastic water pipe. The two rods are the only grounding means. Do the rods and #6 really suffice as a GES for this service? If not, to what section of 250 does one turn?
  6. NEC Code Forum
    250.68(A) Accessibility All mechanical elements used to terminate a grounding electrode conductor or bonding jumper to a grounding electrode shall be accessible. Exception No. 1: An encased or buried connection to a concrete-encased, driven, or buried grounding electrode shall not be required...
1-6 of 6 Results