Electrician Talk banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Purchased these items expecting ice storm. Looks like I will be returning . But at least I'm warm!!

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Big ice storm was predicted ... All my friends was wanting advise about generator hookup. I told them call me when power goes out ! But everything went well ,very little outage. Glad there is little problems . I guess I will take back Tuesday .

·
Rest In Peace
6,298 Posts
Big ice storm was predicted ... All my friends was wanting advise about generator hookup. I told them call me when power goes out ! But everything went well ,very little outage. Glad there is little problems . I guess I will take back Tuesday .
Memphis stayed at or just above freezing all day. HD is gonna have a lot of folks wanting to return generators monday.:laughing:

·
Registered
11,762 Posts

I would keep a few on hand just in case, 24hr before a storm HD/ supply houses start to run short the day after its non existent. You never know when youll have that storm with the weather guy claiming a few flurries and it turns into the storm of the decade.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It was kinda funny ... I called my supply house . The they were out . They called me yesterday at 330 told me ups arrived ,
My best friend had called said he had bought a gen ...from HD I think it's funny how hysteria hits when a ice storm is PREDICTED ,

·
Registered
2,923 Posts
I blame the news. They are looking for any story that can get them ratings. Everyone cares about the weather, and more people will tune in if there is a drastic weather occurrence they can talk about.

We get "Winter Storm Warnings" for 2-4" of snow now. When I was a kid, that was considered flurries.

·
Registered
11,762 Posts
I blame the news. They are looking for any story that can get them ratings. Everyone cares about the weather, and more people will tune in if there is a drastic weather occurrence they can talk about.

We get "Winter Storm Warnings" for 2-4" of snow now. When I was a kid, that was considered flurries.

:laughing: So true. But today you have people that manage to get themselves screwed over with an inch of snow.

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
Sell them an interlock kit before the storm, not during!
Things hardly go as expected or smoothly during an emergency repair. It's wiser to do all the prep work before the power is lost. Imo

1 - 13 of 13 Posts