Electrician Talk banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
felonious smile.
15,934 Posts
Do they make a 100 amp rated 3 wire wg romex type nm cable?
Never seen it outside of thwn form. You can try googling southwire but I bet if made it will run u more than #2 .

·
felonious smile.
15,934 Posts
I hate the anti aluminum ignorance. My local ignoramus government outlawed aluminium in residential work past the service equipment.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I hate the anti aluminum ignorance. My local ignoramus government outlawed aluminium in residential work past the service equipment.
I have had to replace to aluminum to AH, AC and Range before insurance companies would give them coverage. How do you fight that? Stupid or not you just do it and get paid.

·
felonious smile.
15,934 Posts
I have had to replace to aluminum to AH, AC and Range before insurance companies would give them coverage. How do you fight that? Stupid or not you just do it and get paid.
Insurance companies and the government know what's best for you, just send them your money.

·
Premium Member
19,996 Posts
Here the insurance inspections don't allow "single conductor aluminum wire" so, this would cover most of the branch circuit wiring.
I've seen plenty of poorly installed old school soft aluminum conductor go bad, but, I have had many more calls for bad copper terminations. It could just be the difference in volume of installed materials but the way people seem to talk about it, copper wire, once installed, will never have a problem.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.