Electrician Talk banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, my neighbor just had solar put on his house and is waiting for [email protected], and the city to sign off on the work. He had me look at the electrical work and asked if the work was to code. Here is what I found:

The existing MSP has a 100A 2 pole breaker off the meter that WAS feeding his subpanel inside his house. The solar electricians installed a new subpanel next to the existing MSP outside (less than 5' away). From the MSP they ran an 1 1/4" emt to the new SP (125A 120/240V 12-24sp) with #4 wire for the hots and neutrals and # 8 ground. They used the existing 2 pole 100A breaker from the MSP to feed the new panel. And they re-routed the existing feeders and conduit for his existing subpanel in the house into the new subpanel and put them on a new 100A 2 pole breaker. This all seemed ok, but they also installed a 2 pole 20A breaker and a 15A 2 pole breaker for the solar equipment. Adding the solar equipment circuits threw me off and I wasn't able to tell one way or the other if this is correct or if it will pass inspection. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.