Electrician Talk banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
how can you test or tell if a sewage pump is 115v or 230v? the pump house that used to house the control was demo'ed and the 10-2 DB and 14-2 DB were rerouted under the crawl. Now ive got them in j boxes with wire running back to the panel but i dont know what the pump takes

·
Registered
14,705 Posts
Taylor618 said:
how can you test or tell if a sewage pump is 115v or 230v? the pump house that used to house the control was demo'ed and the 10-2 DB and 14-2 DB were rerouted under the crawl. Now ive got them in j boxes with wire running back to the panel but i dont know what the pump takes
Pull it and check. Or wire it to 120 and load check it. You're going to find out in 5 seconds if you're at half voltage or not.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well that's the thing it's full. So I either need to empty the task to pull the pump or deduce that it is poor isn't getting the proper voltage. I'm afraid to hook it up to 240 and blow it. But it seems like 14 Amps is allot for 115v pump if it is.

·
Premium Member
7,413 Posts
Well that's the thing it's full. So I either need to empty the task to pull the pump or deduce that it is poor isn't getting the proper voltage. I'm afraid to hook it up to 240 and blow it. But it seems like 14 Amps is allot for 115v pump if it is.
Had my stepbrother run my sawzall on 240V for few seconds. Still works. Go for it, I think 14A is too high as well. should pull half that.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.