Electrician Talk banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
5,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
What do you mean? We only need tie bar handles/common trip for 240 volt loads, split receptacles, and a few other select things... If we run a 3 wire for 2 receptacles, pigtail the neutral to each device, we do not need a tie bar/common trip...
In 'Merica' you have to use a 2pole/3pole breaker or a breaker handle tie anytime you use a MWBC. Basically if you share a neutral.

Of course, this is also the land of Freedom, Taco Tuesday, Chinese buffets and baseball. I wouldn't expect one of you silly French Canucks to understand!

·
Administrator
EC
22,170 Posts
We use it for single electric ovens, when the specs call for 20 amp

Yes but you rarely see that. Some apt cook tops also might take 12/3nm but again it's uncommon

·
Petulant Amateur
Poor electrician, excellent bull chitter.
24,532 Posts
I like to use up materials. Even if it’s overkill, it gets installed.

·
Registered
472 Posts
I remember sitting on short lengths (less than 100') of type W cable in 6/4, 4/4 and 2/4 sizes. I moved those things around for years before finally hauling them to the recycler.

·
Beam Me Up Scotty
Elechicken
2,617 Posts
I remember sitting on short lengths (less than 100') of type W cable in 6/4, 4/4 and 2/4 sizes. I moved those things around for years before finally hauling them to the recycler.
Of course you had cable I'd have bought from you rather than scrapping... I'm looking at buying 4/4 type W for a project for the home shop...

21 - 27 of 27 Posts