Electrician Talk banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just received this spec from a client that needs to temporarily replace a blown-up 480 to 208Y/120V 750 KVA Dry type transformer with a liquid filled unit until a new custom liquid filled can be built.

What is this beast typically used for?


· Donuts > Fried Eggs
17,035 Posts
I've never seen one like that before, but it looks like it's actually four windings set up to be configurable for a whole mess of possible voltages.

As it stands now it looks like you've got two parallel wyes in the low-voltage compartment. The horizontal jumpers running between all the top bushings would be your neutral point and the vertical jumpers connect the phases of the two wyes in parallel.

I can't follow what's going on in the high voltage side well enough to say for sure, but it looks like it's set up for paralleled deltas.

Can you grab a nameplate photo?
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.