Electrician Talk banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
felonious smile.
15,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to swap out two ats 200 mbs to 150s.
Its a 320 meter fed by 500 al conductors. Anywhere else twin 200s would be fine, but this is long island. Where and how much?

·
felonious smile.
15,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You have two of the newer RTS switches? Get me a model and serial number and can get you a price.
Gbu 202b
225af 2pole

Generac brand

·
felonious smile.
15,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
felonious smile.
15,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You have two ATS' to a single Generator ?
Yes, two panels. A 20 kw. Ask me, way undersized. But they are going 100% led for lighting. I do foresee some load shedding for one zone of ac, the hot tub, and some other large 240 volt load.

·
Can't Remember
10,431 Posts
It depends on how big the house is, what kind of heat, all kinds of factors. Might be fine if the AC is shed and we're not dealing with heat pumps and electric heat strips. Be wary of the fact that the two low voltage AC sheds work at the same time as the first two contactors, so consider what comes on when. The hot tub should be way down there. Gas ranges are your friend. Every one of these is different. My favorite is the folks that spend into geothermal and then don't understand why you need a large unit to back it up.

·
Can't Remember
10,431 Posts
Take a look at the GE symphony stuff if you have a tough one for load shedding. Up to eight load sheds and you can put the contactors almost anywhere. You can also use them to lock out loads as well. Haven't sold one yet, but liked the idea. Works over line voltage connections, don't have to run tstat wire to them.

·
Premium Member
7,413 Posts
You have two ATS' to a single Generator ?
Yes, two panels. A 20 kw. Ask me, way undersized. But they are going 100% led for lighting. I do foresee some load shedding for one zone of ac, the hot tub, and some other large 240 volt load.
I have one I was looking at that has a 400A main with (2) 200A mains at the meter. So run each 200A to its own ATS, and then what about the control wiring, do you still run all 6 from each, or just the 194 and T3 from second one ?

·
Can't Remember
10,431 Posts
Shouldn't matter which one either. This is assuming you are using the same switches as Doc is using.

·
Premium Member
7,413 Posts
Shouldn't matter which one either. This is assuming you are using the same switches as Doc is using.
Just giving a quote so far. But didn't know you could have two ATS. Called my supplier, and was given a model number for this application. Thanks for the help.

·
felonious smile.
15,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
That is good question. I would have guessed Siemens, but not sure about that particular one.
Years back I was installing units fitted with Murray main breakers

1 - 20 of 21 Posts