Electrician Talk banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
3,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Am i way off? :001_huh:

Permit: $75-
50' 6/3 inside, open basement, poke outside to a JB- 50' of 1' PVC to the tub GFCI panel, and 15' underground to the tub. customer digs.
also the required Equo-bond and receptacle.
I figured 8 hrs labor.

·
Administrator
Retired EC
23,572 Posts
Probably not an 8 hr job but if you can get that much then go for it. Around here it would be closer to $1000-1200.

·
Super Moderator
Licensed Electrical Contractor
11,796 Posts
Probably not an 8 hr job but if you can get that much then go for it. Around here it would be closer to $1000-1200.
Agree. Most I do are in this range, although $1500 is not out of the question.

·
RIP 1959-2015
39,618 Posts

50' 6/3 inside, open basement, poke outside to a JB- 50' of 1' PVC to the tub GFCI panel, and 15' underground to the tub. customer dis
gs.
I figured 8 hrs labor.
Leland, do you have to be there for the inspection ?

·
Administrator
Retired EC
23,572 Posts
I could make that job last much longer.:whistling2::laughing:
That's because your dog has to be with you and you have to walk him and feed him. :laughing: In my prime I could probably knock that out by myself in 4 hours- assuming it isn't an hour away etc. and no digging included

Reactions: HARRY304E

·
RIP 1959-2015
39,618 Posts
That's because your dog has to be with you and you have to walk him and feed him. :laughing: In my prime I could probably knock that out by myself in 4 hours- assuming it isn't an hour away etc. and no digging included
He does the digging :laughing:

All I've got to do is get him out of bed..:sleep1::laughing::laughing:

·
Jesus Scott
9,382 Posts

50' 6/3 inside, open basement, poke outside to a JB- 50' of 1' PVC to the tub GFCI panel, and 15' underground to the tub. customer dis
gs.
I figured 8 hrs labor.
I just did one that was easier for just about that. No underground, it was by a deck.

It's a very rare case that you'd need a bonding grid with a hot tub. If it's a standard issue drop on a slab tub no grid is required.

·
Administrator
Retired EC
23,572 Posts
I dont understand why people are so cheap when it comes to our trade. All other trades charge what ever they want homeowners just pay....
You charge what the market will bear. In Ma it will be higher than here in the south and my area will be higher than many areas around here. I am sure Boston demands more money than Springfield Ma. or some small towns like Worcester

·
Registered
3,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Leland, do you have to be there for the inspection ?
No. The customer will dig.
Plus it is a 'Rush', the homeowner got it for free from his brother in law, they did not winterize it so now it is a rush! NMP!:mad:

Ya, 8 hrs may be a stretch, but under the circumstances, Hell, 2 guys 3hrs, round up to 8.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
You charge what the market will bear. In Ma it will be higher than here in the south and my area will be higher than many areas around here. I am sure Boston demands more money than Springfield Ma. or some small towns like Worcester
Worcester is about 20% less than the Boston area, and it is the 2nd Largest city in MA. next to Boston. Just depressed, not as bad as Springfeild.

·
Registered
3,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
So the guy just called me, Explaining more than he thought,
'With Christmas and all', Trying to get me to finance it.......
So i told him i celebrate it too and I still have a mortgage as well. :no:

Some people.........:mad::no::no::no::no::whistling2:

·
RIP 1959-2015
39,618 Posts
So the guy just called me, Explaining more than he thought,
'With Christmas and all', Trying to get me to finance it.......
So i told him i celebrate it too and I still have a mortgage as well. :no:

Some people.........:mad::no::no::no::whistling2:
Do as the banks do lend $1,500 make back $15,000......:eek::laughing:

·
Registered
132 Posts
You charge what it is worth to you. Cover your costs and make a profit. It is up to you to sell it.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts