Electrician Talk banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in the market for one. It seems the only one that I can locate is the Werner double sided model. Is that the only model out there?

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Louisville has one too.

I'm getting the Werner this week so that I don't have to keep using my dumb trestle ladder. God I hate that thing.

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Single pole said:
I am in the market for one. It seems the only one that I can locate is the Werner double sided model. Is that the only model out there?
not sure if its the only model out there, but i endorse its stability and the double side lets 2 people work on larger fixtures:thumbsup:

·
Registered
64 Posts
Be prepared for a monster.Its great to have it when we need it but it is pain to load on the van and haul around.

The journeyman cringe when I ask them to come bye the shop and pick it up.

How much are you paying?

·
Registered
3,450 Posts
We have that ladder, it's heavy as hell and takes two guys to stand it up and get it in position. Everyone hates it!!! Sucks moving it around once its up too.

We have an old electric Genie lift that most of us would rather use, like this:

http://genielift.com/en/products/new-equipment/aerial-work-platforms/awp-super-series/index.htm

·
Registered
255 Posts
Double front ladder. I love it. Back when I had a helper, he wanted to climb the wrong side of the ladder while I was on the proper side. So I saw a double, I got it.

·
Registered
809 Posts
I have an aluminum 16'er. I know aluminum an electricity dont mix but its only for chandeliars. I got it for free, my old employer paid $400 for it. I think it weighs about 90lbs.

·
Registered
5,453 Posts
We have that ladder, it's heavy as hell and takes two guys to stand it up and get it in position. Everyone hates it!!! Sucks moving it around once its up too.

We have an old electric Genie lift that most of us would rather use, like this:

http://genielift.com/en/products/new-equipment/aerial-work-platforms/awp-super-series/index.htm
I have wanted to buy a small one man lift like those for a while now. I was looking at some used prices, cant remember what type or brand, but they were still the price of a used car. Kinda hard to part with money like that if you don't use it all the time.

It would keep me from doing my stupid circus tricks every time I need to change a light high up. That alone is worth it. I just don't have 3-5k laying around though. :laughing:

·
Registered
413 Posts
I have wanted to buy a small one man lift like those for a while now. I was looking at some used prices, cant remember what type or brand, but they were still the price of a used car. Kinda hard to part with money like that if you don't use it all the time.

It would keep me from doing my stupid circus tricks every time I need to change a light high up. That alone is worth it. I just don't have 3-5k laying around though. :laughing:
It's only money...:whistling2::laughing:

·
Registered
5,453 Posts
It's only money...:whistling2::laughing:
I know right. If it were only that easy.

When ever my wife goes shopping, she never directly answers me when I ask how much money she spent. She always says "You wont believe how much money I saved....". She only does that cause the veins in my neck starts pulsating and beads of sweat line my forehead. :censored::laughing:

Maybe I just need to keep reminding myself that its only money. :laughing:

·
Registered
9,118 Posts
I know right. If it were only that easy.

When ever my wife goes shopping, she never directly answers me when I ask how much money she spent. She always says "You wont believe how much money I saved....". She only does that cause the veins in my neck starts pulsating and beads of sweat line my forehead. :censored::laughing:

Maybe I just need to keep reminding myself that its only money. :laughing:
The correct response is "Show me, honey. Just SHOW ME all the money you saved..." :blink:

·
Registered
99 Posts
We have a 18' A frame. It is heavy, takes up a lot of room but I am glad we have it. For years we would set up staging, hang one light and then dismantle the staging. Then we would rent one if we needed to get in and out. Ours is nice and clean, no paint or 10 lbs of drywall mud!!

·
Registered
18 Posts
When I first started working for DENNIS ALWON, he had a 10' wooden step and would just stand on top of it...and for those really high ceilings, two saw horses, a 4x8 sheet of 1/2 plywood and then that wooden step and again, he would stand on top of it...

·
Registered
99 Posts
In the 70's our 12' wooden ladder was called Wiggly Nellie!! You could install 8' fluorescent fixtures by yourself. Set it in the middle of the fixture, get one screw, lean left, get one screw, lean right, get the last screw. It was like being at the top of a 40' pole in a 60 mph wind!!!

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
16' ladders are heavy and take up lots if room. I borrowed one to bail me out on some lot lights I had rented a one man for. One light was too far off the pavement to reach. This double sided beast was HEAVY but was rock solid once it was set up.

·
Registered
64 Posts
We have let the a /c man,sheet rocker and another EC use it for a small donation a few times since it was purchased a couple years ago and is still in great condition.
Plus we throw in 50 if we need it on a T\M job.

The ROI is around 200 % percent with the help our little friends.

·
Administrator
Retired EC
23,650 Posts
When I first started working for DENNIS ALWON, he had a 10' wooden step and would just stand on top of it...and for those really high ceilings, two saw horses, a 4x8 sheet of 1/2 plywood and then that wooden step and again, he would stand on top of it...
But that was before I got my 12' now my men use the saw horses but don't have to stand on the top.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts