Electrician Talk banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
NJ Electrical Contractor
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone point the article where 180 degree bend rule comes into play when pulling cables? I do not have my NEC and i need to get this article right away.

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,923 Posts
Giorgio.g said:
Can someone point the article where 180 degree bend rule comes into play when pulling cables? I do not have my NEC and i need to get this article right away. Thanks!
You won't find an article talking about 180 degrees.

·
Registered
2,923 Posts
Giorgio.g said:
That's all i needed to know! I was not sure if i read it on my specs or NEC. Thanks for clearing that doubt for me.
You have specs limiting a conduit run to 180 degrees of bends? That's asinine.

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
a VERY common spec for data/low voltage.... Its not in the NEC, it is a "standard" practice,....EIA/TIA 568... BICSI
WhitehouseRT is correct. There isn't anything in the NEC. This is a specification for your project. Requirements may be stricter than the NEC.

·
Registered
678 Posts
Here on Camp Lejeune, the base telephone guy wants all telecommunication runs (secure Internet, non secure internet, phone, etc. ) in 1 1/4 " conduit, no more than 180 degrees of bend between pull points, no pull boxes used to change the direction of the run.

I guess the idea is to make it easier to change, add or eliminate different runs as needed. I think it's really just a power trip. This douche bag made us tear out 3" sleeves in block and make them 4" literally on a whim. This dude is the man every jerk inspector hopes to be.

·
animal lover /rat bastard
13,547 Posts
A few years ago we got paid to install 2" rigid with xp enclosures etc for FA and a separate for Data to a govt building. later, they asked us to pull in the FA cause the base alarm guy said it was gonna be too hard for him to pull (can't recall, but I may have maxed it at 360). Anyhow, I went out there to pull in, you guessed it, a pair of #12s. Oh lawdy, why you makes me works so hard.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts