Electrician Talk banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I'm new to the community and I need some advice.

I'm 28yo and for the last 6 years I have been working with landscape maintenance. I want to work as an electrician but I know my chances are slim in Ontario. I have no experience in the field so my plan is to go to Alberta for a week and go to employment centers and electrical workers union and try to find a company hiring 1st year apprentice with no experience. I know I could look for work online but since I have never been to Alberta I think it will help get an ideia how things are there.

If it doesn't work I will take a pre-apprenticeship course in Ontario and go to Alberta again. That pre-apprenticeship course at electrical college of Canada is kinda expensive $8,000 :icon_confused:

I would like to hear some ideas. I won't get anywhere with my actual job and I'm getting old so I need to act fast.

·
RIP 1959-2015
39,618 Posts
Hey guys,

I'm new to the community and I need some advice.

I'm 28yo and for the last 6 years I have been working with landscape maintenance. I want to work as an electrician but I know my chances are slim in Ontario. I have no experience in the field so my plan is to go to Alberta for a week and go to employment centers and electrical workers union and try to find a company hiring 1st year apprentice with no experience. I know I could look for work online but since I have never been to Alberta I think it will help get an ideia how things are there.

If it doesn't work I will take a pre-apprenticeship course in Ontario and go to Alberta again. That pre-apprenticeship course at electrical college of Canada is kinda expensive $8,000 :icon_confused:

I would like to hear some ideas. I won't get anywhere with my actual job and I'm getting old so I need to act fast.
We all started out that way.
Welcome to the electrical trade....:thumbup:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I know but everyone's situation is different and I didn't find any recent post about that topic.

Thanks anyway

1 - 4 of 4 Posts