Electrician Talk banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got the call from the local Union that i've been waiting on for just over a year now.My apprenticeship starts at the end of the month and am really excited to learn. Any pointers for a newbie?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Not sure what you mean by "Ranked" but I scored a 93 out of 100. There were quite a few guys that interviewed and 8 of us got hired. Works been going great man just hold out for a few months.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Not sure what you mean by "Ranked" but I scored a 93 out of 100. There were quite a few guys that interviewed and 8 of us got hired. Works been going great man just hold out for a few months.
yeah at the local 158 ibew here they don't give you a "score" out of 100 they just send you a letter that says where you are ranked but not a specific # position due to confidentiality so leaves the people on the list for apprenticeship kind of wondering ha

·
Registered
51 Posts
When I went through my apprenticeship at local 357(las vegas), there were some guys who had waited over two years to get in. For some reason I got in within 6 months. The apprenticeship is a great program, just make sure your jdub doesn't just keep you on material. I've met a few journeyman that that was their whole apprenticeship.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts