Electrician Talk banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Even though he acknowledged that I am one of the best about always having ear and eye protection and being tied off in lift he (the safety guy) is going to have to ban me from the premise for two days for getting caught not being tied off.

What routine do you have to ensure your always tied off?

·
Flex Bits & Blindfolds
1,120 Posts
Even though he acknowledged that I am one of the best about always having ear and eye protection and being tied off in lift he (the safety guy) is going to have to ban me from the premise for two days for getting caught not being tied off.

Ask him for Saturday and Sunday...it is Mother's Day after all.

·
Registered
2,916 Posts
I see where he is coming from.. What is there was an outside inspection or an incident and you would have slipped? Not to sound like a broken record, but "If you are doing it right 98% of the time, it's not all the time..."

Take the two days and enjoy some time off.. Go fishin.. Clean up around the garage...

·
animal lover /rat bastard
13,547 Posts
if I was you, I would just take the rest of the week off. When you show up for work Monday, just tell them you though he said 3 days.

In other words, f em.

oh yeah, and i like the fishing idea.

·
Registered
8,050 Posts
Sounds like you got a good attitude about what happened. Procedures only work when we follow them. I bet after this you'll be even more self aware of your safety routines

·
Who you gonna call?
1,177 Posts
There are worse ways to get days off. Being thrown out of a boom lift and breaking a leg comes to mind. I always keep my lanyard hook in my hand while climbing in the lift. If I clip it to my harness or belt while climbing in I forget to clip on myself.

·
Registered
3,328 Posts
I see where he is coming from.. What is there was an outside inspection or an incident and you would have slipped? Not to sound like a broken record, but "If you are doing it right 98% of the time, it's not all the time..."

Take the two days and enjoy some time off.. Go fishin.. Clean up around the garage...
Congratulations on 1000! Don't think we didn't notice my friend.

·
RIP 1959-2015
39,618 Posts

You should feel good about the fact that you do not have a fake occupation such as being ":)laughing:the safety guy:laughing:)".......:rolleyes:

·
Registered
317 Posts
Those who can, do. Those who can't, are foremen. Those who bleed trying, are safety men. That sissified pansy of a cross dressing, knee pad wearing, bottom kissing, shaft caressing, sorry excuse for a management colon licker should THANK YOU because without you he has no reason to get up every morning and try to justify his sorry job. Having said that, safety is very important and you should always wear your PPE.

·
Banned
7,221 Posts
Come back with a tan and don't stop telling the safety guy all the awesome things you did with your days off.

See if he ever bans you from the site again. :no:

·
Premium Member
19,544 Posts

Go nuke on him and use two so that one is always connected.

·
Registered
12,167 Posts
I wonder, I wonder if we are going against "natural selection" with all this safety stuff. With all the construction guys out of work, let the dumb asses hurt themselves and deny them compensation because of being a dumb ass and open the spot for someone who is not quite as lax about it. It might help lower the unemployment rate. :jester:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts