Electrician Talk banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
felonious smile.
15,934 Posts
It only states neutral conductors, not grounds. I still bunch them grounds up.

Sent from my C5215 using electriciantalk.com mobile app

·
felonious smile.
15,934 Posts
Maybe I'm a little too evil about it

·
Administrator
Retired EC
24,440 Posts
I agree that it must be labeled that the lugs are compliant with more than one- I believe Cutler Hammer is approved for 3 but it must be the equipment grounding conductor not the neutral as stated

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
You are talking about bond screws right ?
If you are .. Not sure about all panels but the ones I use(C/H) don't have enough spaces to separate all the bonds.
I'm one of the bad guys here though .
I,ll twist 4 or 5 together on a new tie in.

Sent from my iPhone using electriciantalk.com

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
Hmacanada said:
You are talking about bond screws right ? If you are .. Not sure about all panels but the ones I use(C/H) don't have enough spaces to separate all the bonds. I'm one of the bad guys here though . I,ll twist 4 or 5 together on a new tie in. Sent from my iPhone using electriciantalk.com
The CH panels you use don't have holes in the tub to install ground bars? An $8 ground bar can solve all of your grounding terminal woes.

·
felonious smile.
15,934 Posts
Im known to jam as many grounds that equal the size of a #6 wire into one port.

·
Registered
798 Posts
Maybe I'm a little too evil about it

it is legal only if the panel has a listing for more than 1 wire under a terminal.

Most houshold panels I have seen permit up to 3 bond wires. Usually #14 or #12 Often #10 and larger only 1 wire.

More than 1 wire and there must be some reference permitting it. Certainly for the power side lugs must be approved for more than 1 wire.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.