Electrician Talk banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do they make such a thing? I have a co-worker who needs to come out of a PLC cabinet with a DVI cable. The head of the cable is about 1.5" wide and the actual cable is .5" wide. What is the solution? The cabinet has to be sealed so a chase is not an option.

·
Registered
5,621 Posts
Roxtec is about the cheapest if you have to have a real industrial grade seal, i.e. water / dust / oil tight.

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Roxtec is about the cheapest if you have to have a real industrial grade seal, i.e. water / dust / oil tight.
This is a standard 72x36x18" cabinet. The bottom is completely filled with used ko's. I can't visualize how the roxtec would work there. I am looking for an "engineered" solution. I'm thinking that a 2" ko and 2 4 square covers that have been slotted and the cord grip from the pic above may work.

·
Registered
5,621 Posts
How big is the head of the DVI cable then? Because you know, unlike other things, rubbing it around the opening doesn't make it go in any easier... :innocent:

The smallest round hole one is 1-1/2 inches. Too big, eh?

You can also punch whatever size hole you like, then mount one of these little mini-frames just over the one hole, even though it is set up for 4 cables. Kind of a waste, but these are about half the price of the CGB style.

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
How big is the head of the DVI cable then? Because you know, unlike other things, rubbing it around the opening doesn't make it go in any easier... :innocent:

The smallest round hole one is 1-1/2 inches. Too big, eh?

You can also punch whatever size hole you like, then mount one of these little mini-frames just over the one hole, even though it is set up for 4 cables. Kind of a waste, but these are about half the price of the CGB style.
I have hole enlargement syndrome. I see the rs-43 is going to be the one I need but the catalogue doesn't make it clear as to what you need to order for the threaded hub with locknut. when I downloaded the rs catalog they all appeared to be for tube type penetrations. Thanks Jraef.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.