Electrician Talk banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If someone forgot to bond the rebar in a new garage and they need some power out there, could I run 2-12/2 UF's (Sunlight Resistant of course) as branch circuits out wall up (securing with clipits and rawls) to and around a knob (no messenger wire) then out to garage (35 ft span) then around another knob (12 ft hight) down and punch in (maybe some silicone through the perforation and then to 2 switches which would eventually feed a bunch of 20 amp outlets? Exclude neat and workmanlike for now...

·
Banned
1,073 Posts
Funny you mention that cause I cleaned up a job much like that a few weeks ago. Tore that crap down and ran 1.5" PVC underground like a real electrician.

·
Registered
12,376 Posts
Cletis said:
If someone forgot to bond the rebar in a new garage and they need some power out there, could I run 2-12/2 UF's (Sunlight Resistant of course) as branch circuits out wall up (securing with clipits and rawls) to and around a knob (no messenger wire) then out to garage (35 ft span) then around another knob (12 ft hight) down and punch in (maybe some silicone through the perforation and then to 2 switches which would eventually feed a bunch of 20 amp outlets? Exclude neat and workmanlike for now...
Can you? Of course you can! I've seen it done many times. Pictures when you're done.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts