Electrician Talk banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My dad, who lived in Rochester, NY was a master electrician for 60 years and passed away. I must sell his 2006 Savana w/56000 miles, fully loaded shelves/bins, tools, equipment and materials. I'd like to sell it all as a package but would consider selling truck and contents separately. He used only the best, took great care of his tools and replaced them often. Lots to offer - some new and unopened.

[URL="http://
[/URL]

·
Registered
288 Posts
Insandouts said:
My dad, who lived in Rochester, NY was a master electrician for 60 years and passed away. I must sell his 2006 Savana w/56000 miles, fully loaded shelves/bins, tools, equipment and materials. I'd like to sell it all as a package but would consider selling truck and contents separately. He used only the best, took great care of his tools and replaced them often. Lots to offer - some new and unopened.

http://
Sorry for your loss!!!

·
Banned
15,674 Posts

[URL="http://
[/URL]
How much? Pm me. Thanks.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
How much? Pm me. Thanks.
Chris1971, thanks for inquiring. I'm not sure what Pm means. You can see the truck on Craigslist, also. Before he passed, dad had everything appraised and was told with the equipment, parts, tools and materials, it is worth $16,000. I'm asking $15,000. I looked up the truck alone on KKB and Edmond's and it is worth around $8000.

·
Banned
I make all the electrons line up for their Flu shots
33,456 Posts
Ever watch Pawnstars? I'll give you $5,000......

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I would never buy an upside down truck.
:) My apologies for the upside down photos. They were right side up on my computer and on Craigslist but somehow got inverted here. I can't edit the post. The pix are somewhat apropos given how upside down life has been since day's passing. :)

·
RIP 1959-2015
39,618 Posts
My dad, who lived in Rochester, NY was a master electrician for 60 years and passed away. I must sell his 2006 Savana w/56000 miles, fully loaded shelves/bins, tools, equipment and materials. I'd like to sell it all as a package but would consider selling truck and contents separately. He used only the best, took great care of his tools and replaced them often. Lots to offer - some new and unopened...
Sorry about your Dad...:(

Welcome aboard the forum....:thumbsup:

·
Rest In Peace
6,298 Posts
Chris1971, thanks for inquiring. I'm not sure what Pm means. You can see the truck on Craigslist, also. Before he passed, dad had everything appraised and was told with the equipment, parts, tools and materials, it is worth $16,000. I'm asking $15,000. I looked up the truck alone on KKB and Edmond's and it is worth around $8000.
$5001.00 Unloaded.

·
Registered
5,971 Posts
Be a sweet deal at 9k assuming there are a lot of tools. I'm looking for a truck but too steep for me.

Sorry about your dad. I hope you find a buyer.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Goldagain said:
Be a sweet deal at 9k assuming there are a lot of tools. I'm looking for a truck but too steep for me.

Sorry about your dad. I hope you find a buyer.
Thanks. Reading all the responses has helped me. I brought in a second opinion and went through the parts and materials piece by piece with him yesterday. He tells me the first guy was way off in his advice. I will be revising my sale price and approach. The truck will be sold separately, now. The KBB value on it is around $8000. The parts and materials we inventoried have a resale value of about $4000 total. I will be posting all the tools and materials on Craigslist and including them in the estate sale we are holding. There are just too many to list in this forum. However, the highly specialized and most valuable will be offered here sometime in the next two weeks. I didn't put the original post up to find a buyer as much as to get a sense from guys as to the best approach for disposing of all this stuff and the feedback has been very helpful. I learned that without seeing the specific tools, unopened materials, and condition of everything it would be impossible for someone to appreciate. If you're interested in the truck, drop me a note.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Chris1971 said:
What type of tools or brands? V8 or v6 engine? Half or 3/4 ton van?
Brands include lots of Klien, Makita, Milwaukee, Amprobe, etc. The truck is a half ton V6. Another response questioned why we aren't selling the business/customer base. Dad was in business 60 years but he only worked a handful of preferred jobs each year near the end of his life. Everyone in the family has established careers in other fields and no interest in working in the field or managing the business which would need to be built back up to the level it once was. we think it fitting the business be put to rest with dad. I have an accountant shutting down all the business affairs.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts