Electrician Talk banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
NJ Electrical Contractor
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I don't know how many of you are members of EC&M, if you are not, you should look into it, a lot of helpful information for the electrical contractor and electricians, i got an email last week with the changes to the 2014 NEC, I put together a PDF file that you can download if you don't want to sign up to review the changes, feel free to download it and share.

Here is the download link to the PDF file i put together for everyone:
http://tinyurl.com/mum5uv8

Here is the link to the original email i received.
http://tinyurl.com/o6pf4mk

·
Registered
31,848 Posts
Thank you for the link. We have discussed EC&M here several times and while this seems like a decent article and at one time 90% of their articles were helpful, today it is mostly an advertising rag for manufactures.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Thank you.

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
True, there is a lot of advertising... but what do expect from a FREE trade magazine. While it's probably not a magazine I'd spend money on, I believe it's still a worthwhile subscription. I also get Uptime, Plant Services, and Control Design (all also free).

Anyone recommend any other good free electrical trade magazines?

·
fertilizer distrubuter
1,250 Posts
Thank you for the link. We have discussed EC&M here several times and while this seems like a decent article and at one time 90% of their articles were helpful, today it is mostly an advertising rag for manufactures.
Hey those sweet sweet products have to make it to my eyeholes somehow.

·
Registered
31,848 Posts
True, there is a lot of advertising... but what do expect from a FREE trade magazine. While it's probably not a magazine I'd spend money on, I believe it's still a worthwhile subscription. I also get Uptime, Plant Services, and Control Design (all also free).

From year one in the trade I paid for EC&M and it wasn't cheap as magazines go for the 70's it was an excellent much thicker magazine.

I'd rather pay for some unbiased factual articles based on the trade and not sales hype.

·
Banned
1,073 Posts

All magazines are pretty much worthless. The last magazine I bought was Nintendo Power in the 80's.

·
fertilizer distrubuter
1,250 Posts
All magazines are pretty much worthless. The last magazine I bought was MALE GAY Power last week.
look man if you are still getting your man fix in magazines you are behind the times.
There is a thing called the internet that is attached to Electrician Talk. I have heard there may be nekked poeple located on it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts