Electrician Talk banner

1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When you have a 208 3 phase panel why across two legs do you only get 210v but across each phase you get 122 V. So the problem is 240 V Clothes dryer is not coming to full heat because of the low-voltage.

·
Registered
Residential remodeling
214 Posts
Because you have a "208 Y" system, not a 240 volt delta system. If an appliance/equipment is not rated 208, it is not compatable.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Because you have a "208 Y" system, not a 240 volt delta system. If an appliance/equipment is not rated 208, it is not compatable.
So is there some type of step up transformer that you can put on either that circuit or the whole panel. Thanks

·
Super Moderator
Pres., GPS Timers
6,841 Posts
Yes 25 years never ran into this problem yet.
Please fill out your profile.
There are bells going off in the background because your profile doesn't have your Electrical Trade and location. Click your avatar & select Account Settings, fill it out, save, done.
Thanks.

·
Bilge Rat
motors and controls.........
7,827 Posts
Please fill out your profile.
There are bells going off in the background because your profile doesn't have your Electrical Trade and location. Click your avatar & select Account Settings, fill it out, save, done.
Thanks.
If you do this, you'll get better answers.

·
Band Member
DIYer Extrodinaire
7,406 Posts
So is there some type of step up transformer that you can put on either that circuit or the whole panel. Thanks
Yes, and when you size it, make sure you account for the microwave too.

Little know secret that a microwave on 240V really makes better hot dogs !

·
Estwing magic
25,671 Posts
Forget about trying to boost that voltage. 120/208 is as common as dirt and most 240V appliances are happy to run on 208. I wire restaurants and most appliances are 240 running on 208. Where have you been for 25 years that you have never worked on 3 phase?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Forget about trying to boost that voltage. 120/208 is as common as dirt and most 240V appliances are happy to run on 208. I wire restaurants and most appliances are 240 running on 208. Where have you been for 25 years that you have never worked on 3 phase?
Everything always worked fine I’ve never had this problem before but for some reason the dryer is not drying the clothes and the manufacturer is telling me because the voltage is not high enough.

1 - 20 of 71 Posts