Electrician Talk banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so my school purchased a 208-240v input/output APC Uninterruptible Power Supply unit around 6 months ago. It came in on a pallet and was planned for use in a new building on campus. In back are 4 female receptacles for NEMA plug L6-20p. I'm not sure why it was purchased without 110v outputs, but that's what we need. Is it possible that I could find a strip with a NEMA L6-20p male to take that 220v and convert it to standard 110v receptacles for plugging in computer hardware and switches?

Sorry if this is a novice question, but I can't seem to find anyone I know who can answer it definitively and I have failed to find a product through simply searching the internet, that I am confident will do this.

If this should be in a particular section, please feel free to move it.

TIA

·
Banned
2,507 Posts
Electricians can do amazing things.
Is it possible that I could find a strip with a NEMA L6-20p male to take that 220v and convert it to standard 110v receptacles for plugging in computer hardware and switches?
No, there is no neutral on those L6's. To get 120v, you need neutral.

·
I own stock in FotoMat!
39,118 Posts
Thanks for posting on ElectricianTalk.com. The Moderators of this forum would prefer if you post Do It Yourself related topics on our sister site www.DIYChatroom.com

ElectricianTalk.com is designed for electrical industry professionals to discuss issues and topics related to the electrical trades and related industries. Many of our professionals are also members at DIYChatroom.com and are looking forward to assist you with your needs.

Please take a moment to post your question at www.DIYChatroom.com If you're not already a member of DIYChatroom.com you can sign up for a free account by going to http://www.DIYChatroom.com/register.php/

We apologize for any inconvenience that this may have caused. This thread has been closed.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.