Electrician Talk banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has any one had problems with line voltage thermostats, I have tried 2 from Marley (totally inaccurate) and now just changed it out to a Honeywell and the same thing. Have to set stat 10 degrees higher to get it to 65 I have to set it to 75. It is rated for 5280 watts so I am under the wattage with (2) 8 ft baseboard heaters rated 2000 watts each. Anyone one have a better tStat that's line voltage and able to handle 4000w at 240 v.?

·
Administrator
Retired EC
23,710 Posts
If these mount on the baseboard they usually don't even have a temperature but just 1-5 simply because there is no good way to monitor the air in the room from down low. If this is a wall thermostat then I am not sure what the issue is

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
These are wall thermostats, also I bypassed the stats (wire thru ) and the heat works. This is how I ruled out anything but the stats. Of course I did not leave it that way just a test.

·
Administrator
Retired EC
23,710 Posts
These are wall thermostats, also I bypassed the stats (wire thru ) and the heat works. This is how I ruled out anything but the stats. Of course I did not leave it that way just a test.
I assumed the heat worked if the T-stat was controlling it. I understood the calibration is off-- Is the T-stat mounted on an interior wall?

·
Registered
12,619 Posts
What size circuit are you running at 4000 watts? 14 feet of baseboard is the most I ever put on a 20 amp circuit @250 watts per foot. Also if you push on the knob at all, it throws the calibration off. Digital line voltage is the only accurate kind.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts