Electrician Talk banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How much would you charge for 29 rec.lts all old work with open attic above with no plywod? Three out of the four rooms have switch legs in the center of room no fishing down wall required...homeowner supplies led fixtures and you just install them... I think 3000 dollars for about 2 days or 2.5 days? If you guys don't like discussing prices just tell me if it's high,low, or normal...thanks..

·
Administrator
Retired EC
23,702 Posts
Sounds about right

·
Flex Bits & Blindfolds
1,120 Posts
How many home runs? How many holes are you cutting. How far away is the panel, what floor? Is there enough room in the panel? Romex, BX, Pipe, or wiremold? How much room is in the attic to maneuver? How many man-hours? One guy or 4 guys? Decora? Dimmers? Smokes? Your time labor seems low, but one guy working 2 days is far less that 8 guys working 2 days.
Is there anything else I missed? It seems like you ask us once a week, "how much for...." You'll get the same answer next week.
Add your material, markup, and labor units. Vundabar!

Are your prices high? Maybe
Are your prices accurate? Idk
Are your prices too low? Probably

Based on your lack of information, it seems like you pricing this job over the phone.

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Mshow1323 said:
How many home runs? How many holes are you cutting. How far away is the panel, what floor? Is there enough room in the panel? Romex, BX, Pipe, or wiremold? How much room is in the attic to maneuver? How many man-hours? One guy or 4 guys? Decora? Dimmers? Smokes? Your time labor seems low, but one guy working 2 days is far less that 8 guys working 2 days. Is there anything else I missed? It seems like you ask us once a week, "how much for...." You'll get the same answer next week. Add your material, markup, and labor units. Vundabar! Are your prices high? Maybe Are your prices accurate? Idk Are your prices too low? Probably Based on your lack of information, it seems like you pricing this job over the phone.
no home runs existing circuits , 29 holes,romex, moderate amount of room(ranch home), one guy(myself), one dimmer and three standard switched, no smokes ....I looked at the job seems fairly straight forward...

·
Flex Bits & Blindfolds
1,120 Posts
That doesn't sound unreasonable if you can get it done in 2.5 days. I would however, figure closer to 4 because each time you get up and down that attic (twice per device minimum), you'll be getting more and more tired. But then again, I only figure for 6 billable hours per day max.

·
Registered
277 Posts
How much would you charge for 29 rec.lts all old work with open attic above with no plywod? Three out of the four rooms have switch legs in the center of room no fishing down wall required...homeowner supplies led fixtures and you just install them... I think 3000 dollars for about 2 days or 2.5 days? If you guys don't like discussing prices just tell me if it's high,low, or normal...thanks..
You say a standard ranch which most were built forom 40-70's is their predominant error.

Which means cloth romex which has an undersized ground, if thats the case Imo I would run atleast 2-3 15A circuits to supply 30 rec lights even if they are led bulbs rhey can be switched to incandescent bulbs which males the load greater.

I would confirm you can add those loads to current circuits and that it has proper equipment ground.

I charge $275 for a 15A arcfault cir
For old works I charge $125 per opening.

For a grand total of $4300

·
Banned
40 Posts
home owner is providing the fixtures?

Oh i hate that, they're always the worst, cheapest, most difficult to install, shoddy, pieces of junk.

Hourly Rate * 8 hours * 3 days (to be safe) + (materials * 1.75) + tax = Quote

1 - 7 of 7 Posts