Electrician Talk banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Haven't used any and need to install a few. What brand do you guys use? Any brands you've had problems with?

·
Registered
171 Posts
We have installed quite a few of these in office areas and in welding booths. The company I buy from is LED Solutions out of Meridian Mississippi.

·
Premium Member
20,983 Posts
I'm not jumping on that bandwagon yet, but I do see them as possible problem solvers in places where there might be access issues to service a fluorescent lay-in fixture. For me, the color temperature on LED's is still "weird".

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
WE did a plumbing supply warehouse offices last year. We used Lithonia LED troffers. They draw about 45 watts each.

·
I like ceiling fans & EMT
Former commercial, occasional (small) residential
1,320 Posts
I'm not jumping on that bandwagon yet, but I do see them as possible problem solvers in places where there might be access issues to service a fluorescent lay-in fixture. For me, the color temperature on LED's is still "weird".
I did a test at my lighting supply house . . . 3000k LEDs are actually a more pure white than halogen. But they take some getting used to.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Philips Ledalite makes a nice LED fixture. I have installed thousands of these with almost no issues. One of the buildings I do work in requires only these.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Blayney86 said:
Any ideas what they run on price?
I am not sure on the price off the top of my head. I run projects in the field so I don't do much with $$. If you google "Philips Ledalite arcform led you can see the ones I have been installing. These are pretty nice and can come with daylight sensing and 0-10volt dimming options. I am sure you can find cheaper but these do put off a great light.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Just finishing up a big project with LED lights. 2x4 cost around $350.00 and 2x4 emergency cost about $550.00 to $600.00

1 - 9 of 9 Posts