Electrician Talk banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Administrator
Retired EC
24,322 Posts
Hi there ,

May I please request for an answer on... How can I get a 120 vac supply voltage from a 3 phase 3 wire 240 vac panel...
You will have to get a transformer or get a neutral pulled to the panel from where it is fed.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You can't. The transformer supplying that panel is a 3 phase delta transformer with no neutral tap (X0) you would need to install a transformer to give you 120/240 3 phase 4 wire.
Any specific kind of transformer to recommend. I tried my own research ... most ask for a 480 vac input for me to get a 120/240 vac output.
Any best approach u know. Thanks

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi there ,

I tried my own research in regards to transformer .. in order for me to transform 3 wire 240 vac input to 4 wire 120/240 vac , 3 phase transformers requires 480 vac input ... any help please

·
Administrator
Retired EC
24,322 Posts
Hi there ,

I tried my own research in regards to transformer .. in order for me to transform 3 wire 240 vac input to 4 wire 120/240 vac , 3 phase transformers requires 480 vac input ... any help please
There are many transformers out there that will match what you need. I belive you may be a bit over your head on this as I see you are a maintenance electrician. I think you need to hire someone familiar with this as there are many rules to follow to make the install compliant

·
Registered
5,603 Posts
How much 120V power do you need? You can easily get what is called a "Control Power Transformer" that will go from 240V to 120V, from 50 VA up to 5kVA, right off the shelf from any decent industrial electrical distributor.

Reactions: Big John
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.