Electrician Talk banner

3 way lighting installation....

3K views 17 replies 10 participants last post by  Shock-Therapy 
#1 ·
Hi

Currently I got a project from my boss, he wants to install 10 pieces of 347V T5 light, but with 2 ON/OFF switches; only 1 BX or EMT all the way, and if I turn off either 1 of the switch, all the light should be no power at all.

I just can't figure out how the schematic works, and is it possibile to do that....

Can anyone give me some insight for me??

Thanks

#3 ·
In a 347V environment, usually which 2 color of wires are you suppose to you use? (for hot side) I know for 120, it's usually black & red.

For the wire which jump thru all the lighting without any connections, how should I label that wire to prevent someone cut it when they try to replace the ballast in the upcoming future?

I had done that, quite a few times in a house or commercial environment for just 1 set of light, but never done that in a factory with 10 lights in a row...

#4 ·
You can use the same wire colours for 347. Are you planning to run the travelers through the lights, as in, use the lights(are they a continuous row?) as a raceway? Where is the incoming power located? One of the switch locations or up on the ceiling somewhere?

I would do this job in EMT.

#5 ·
Hey Vintage Sounds

Are you planning to run the travelers through the lights? Yes (that's why I am worrying somone may cut the red wire in the upcoming future)

are they a continuous row? Yes

as a raceway? Not too sure what do you mean by that....

Where is the incoming power located? It will be from a 600/347V panel. (it's a just build factory, which have completely nothing inside other than a few lights.)

One of the switch locations or up on the ceiling somewhere? It will be on the wall. (Right in front of the front & rear entrance) When someone walk right into the door, they can either turn it on/off

I am going to upload a basic drawing, hopefully it helps you to visualize it.

Other than that, I have a few questions:
If the hot wire is 347V, I know that I will need a neutral, but for a 600V transformer or panel, I don't think there is a slot for the neutral wire like a 120/208V panel, how should I set up the neutral properly?

#16 · (Edited)
I used to work for an electrical contractor with around 10 years of experience or so that would always **** up three ways. God forbid there was a four way thrown into the mix. I would have loved to see him install one of these three way occ sensors. lol

But yeah I agree with you. Its basic wiring. You should be asking your journeyman these questions.

You should probably use this system. Fewer wires. ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.