Electrician Talk banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, new on the board.

Here's the deal..

Have a garage (3 car) which is going to have a 320amp meter. This will feed one 200 amp main breaker panel inside the garage, and one 200amp disconnect in the garage.
From the disconnect, it'll feed to the separate building (residence) which is about 100' away into a 200A main breaker panel.
The 200A panel at the garage will feed the garage/art studio and a 100A feed to a transfer switch.. which then feeds to the separate residence and will be along side the 200A panel, into a 100A panel.

Here's the kicker..

There will also be a 200A meter along side the 320A meter.. and this will feed a 200A main breaker panel for the mother-in-law apartment which is below (1 window sided basement) the garage. This apartment is existing and will effectively be a panel change.

Question is..

Do I need to have a 200A disconnect up where the other 2 are at?
Grouping? Is this required, or is it treated separate because of the separate service.

I'm thinkin' it needs to be grouped with the 2.

·
Registered
365 Posts
You may want to look at 230.2 I do not believe you will get away with it. You will have two services on one structure. Unless I am mistaken with what you have described. Your only other option would be set a trough and tap to a meter and disco for each location.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts