Electrician Talk banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My sisters washer isn't working correctly, so I go check it out. Check the voltage at the washers dedicated receptacle, and I get 180volts to ground!?!? Open the panel and I get 360 volts phase to phase and 180 from either phase to ground. How could this be?

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Jah Electric said:
My sisters washer isn't working correctly, so I go check it out. Check the voltage at the washers dedicated receptacle, and I get 180volts to ground!?!? Open the panel and I get 360 volts phase to phase and 180 from either phase to ground. How could this be?
its all the leftover volts from people using dmms and reading 80 or 90 volts

·
Registered
413 Posts
:eek::laughing::laughing:

Oh, boy someone at the POCO must have set a new transformer a new crewed it up bad.

Any of the other houses have this issue?

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
This is not my house so in MN I cannot legally work on someone else's house because I am not a contractor.
Should I call the city and have them check the transformer or something?

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
This is not my house so in MN I cannot legally work on someone else's house because I am not a contractor.
Should I call the city and have them check the transformer or something?
If your meter is correct, you can either call or wait for smoke signals. I would probably call

·
Registered
12,411 Posts
Retracted

·
Registered
4,664 Posts
Ok so I put new battery's in my fluke now I get 124 VAC. That's crazy! Learn something new everyday
Glad it worked out. :thumbup:

Another member posted about the batteries some time ago, and I later had it happen to me so it made me remember the tip. :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Weak battery in my meter

Hello All,

I found your thread on 360 Volts AC into house and used the advice of checking my meter, and that was the problem. Replaced the battery and got the 240 from the main feed into the house. Thank you!

Paul

·
Watt Pusher
2,511 Posts
Hello All,

I found your thread on 360 Volts AC into house and used the advice of checking my meter, and that was the problem. Replaced the battery and got the 240 from the main feed into the house. Thank you!

Paul
Not a single person who posted on this 5 year old thread is still here, but... you're welcome?

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 27 Posts