Electrician Talk banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Administrator
Retired EC
24,885 Posts
That ladder is a cheap one. The good ladders have bracing at every step level. I bought that particular one for my basement but one of my guys loved it and absconded with it. He said it is so light and easy to carry around on the job. I like to straddle the ladder at times so I prefer the more expensive ones. Yes- I know we are not suppose to straddle...lol

· Premium Member
20,171 Posts

· Registered
Unemployed
4,946 Posts
That ladder is a cheap one. The good ladders have bracing at every step level. I bought that particular one for my basement but one of my guys loved it and absconded with it. He said it is so light and easy to carry around on the job. I like to straddle the ladder at times so I prefer the more expensive ones. Yes- I know we are not suppose to straddle...lol
I was just going to point that out with the bracing and also the rivets 1 instead of 2.

· Hackenschmidt
14,347 Posts
I use the Werner blue ones at times, if you use them exactly as intended, they're strong enough, and they are a bit easier to carry and move with one hand. It's not as big a deal with a 6 footer but I notice the difference with an 8 footer.

They used to be made in USA but I don't think they are any more ... I think you can still get fiberglass ladders made in USA without paying too much extra. But this special is like half off, that price will be hard to beat.

· Registered
16,231 Posts
I use the Werner blue ones at times, if you use them exactly as intended, they're strong enough, and they are a bit easier to carry and move with one hand. It's not as big a deal with a 6 footer but I notice the difference with an 8 footer.

They used to be made in USA but I don't think they are any more ... I think you can still get fiberglass ladders made in USA without paying too much extra. But this special is like half off, that price will be hard to beat.
Mexico for this one.

· Registered
Electrician
1,886 Posts

· Coffee drinking member
I pretwist and then use wire nuts. Solder pots rule.
14,890 Posts
I have two of them here at home, never had a problem with them.
But the 375# rated one is the one I use at work. It’s still light to carry all day.
Triangle Font Parallel Engineering Electric blue

· Premium Member
20,171 Posts
Just a comment.
Mark your ladders with some kind of small identifying symbol, don't paint them or write your company name on them.
Accidents happen...Also, have a policy to not loan out your ladders and lock them up...throw out and destroy broken ladders.

· Registered
Unemployed
4,946 Posts
Just a comment.
Mark your ladders with some kind of small identifying symbol, don't paint them or write your company name on them.
Accidents happen...Also, have a policy to not loan out your ladders and lock them up...throw out and destroy broken ladders.
Yes, Yes and more yes's. We used to put a colored ty wrap on a few of the braces on the back to mark them, easy to see no name in case someone did use it.
We did not loan them for the same reason.
We cut them up on site if found bad, never let someone take them.

· Registered
IBEW 6 volts to lightning bolts
1,265 Posts
Just a comment.
GC I worked with paid a painter 80K in damages for falling off a ladder with the GC’s name on it. The ladder was broken and in the dumpster. The painter climbed in and used it anyway. They even had the whole thing on camera

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

· Old Grumpy Bastard
GOV/MIL contracting
62,061 Posts
GC I worked with paid a painter 80K in damages for falling off a ladder with the GC’s name on it. The ladder was broken and in the dumpster. The painter climbed in and used it anyway. They even had the whole thing on camera

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The GC needed a better lawyer.

The painter is at fault with Contributory Negligence, using the ladder caused his injury.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.