Electrician Talk banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Ambassador of Amps
9,518 Posts
The ONLY line of wirenut we use. They are the best of the best.

~Matt

·
Spark
620 Posts
are these the Wago ones that you mention? (I can't figure out if you like them or not..)

Basically we usually use screw connectors here but I have recently started using these for lighting applications - 240V rated to 40A.

·
I own stock in FotoMat!
39,118 Posts
What happened? I haven't had any problem with them yet.

I installed about 120 can lights in a residence. They came with Wagos attached. I thought I'd give 'em a try.

Trim time comes, and half of them don't work. I spend 1½ days taking cans apart looking for the problems.

Now before you tell me I should have pulled on the wires to make sure they were set, I did. Yet a third of them still came apart between rough and trim.

Most of them had one or more wires come out. But I found two that no matter what I did, I could not get continuity through them. I wish I had saved them for forensic analysis, but I was too pissed off at the end of the day to give a shït about them.

·
Registered
11,095 Posts
I installed about 120 can lights in a residence. They came with Wagos attached. I thought I'd give 'em a try.

Trim time comes, and half of them don't work. I spend 1½ days taking cans apart looking for the problems.

Now before you tell me I should have pulled on the wires to make sure they were set, I did. Yet a third of them still came apart between rough and trim.

Most of them had one or more wires come out. But I found two that no matter what I did, I could not get continuity through them. I wish I had saved them for forensic analysis, but I was too pissed off at the end of the day to give a shït about them.
I can see why you don't like them. Knock on wood I haven't had any problems.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts