Electrician Talk banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
felonious smile.
15,934 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There's no way to run this one as a secondary from the road, right? This is a new build, ground up in an underground network.

I might have to let this one pass and refer B4T to it, it's far from my normal areas of interest.

Or Im looking at a pad xformer next to house and primary out to the street for POCO.

I really too busy to take deal with all those arrangements.

·
Registered
4,998 Posts
Dont have a clue...

....buts its good to see you back posting again! You must have either have been real busy or been banned like everyone else. :laughing:

·
felonious smile.
15,934 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Dont have a clue...

....buts its good to see you back posting again! You must have either have been real busy or been banned like everyone else. :laughing:
No, I have been avoiding my home, Pigs have been looking to question me as I am a "person of interest". I eluded local cops back on the 16 driving off from them when told to stop, they raced past as I sat in a neighbors driveway waiting to back out and go the other way. Truly not only do liberal NY laws suck, the upholders for them are full Nazis but cannot even find a heartbeat on a cocaine addict in the middle of a adrenaline rush.
Asides I have been rather busy and commuting out of town at the end of the day.

·
Registered
744 Posts
First step is contacting your poco to see what is available.

I don't see a problem with running secondary cables.......without running any numbers for voltage drop.

It can be done with parallel conductors sets of conductors and upsizing conductors to get the desired voltage drop.

I would let an engineer run the calculations for aluminum and cooper conductors.

·
Registered
4,998 Posts
To actually answer your question, most new construction (which it sounds like this is), the builder should be handling the poco and having them come out to price setting a new xfrm. You should only be concerned with the house wiring.

Not to say this is how things work where you live, but it should be something like that.

·
felonious smile.
15,934 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I was supposed to go out there this morning but have another job to jump on.

·
felonious smile.
15,934 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Banned
16,981 Posts
No, I have been avoiding my home, Pigs have been looking to question me as I am a "person of interest". I eluded local cops back on the 16 driving off from them when told to stop, they raced past as I sat in a neighbors driveway waiting to back out and go the other way. Truly not only do liberal NY laws suck, the upholders for them are full Nazis but cannot even find a heartbeat on a cocaine addict in the middle of a adrenaline rush.
Asides I have been rather busy and commuting out of town at the end of the day.
Yup, it's always someone else's fault. Why don't you just admit that you're the most perfect man who has ever walked the face of the earth - you know all things, see all things, you've never made a mistake in your life and you are far superior to everyone else.

·
Registered
11,632 Posts
First step is contacting your poco to see what is available.

I don't see a problem with running secondary cables.......without running any numbers for voltage drop.

It can be done with parallel conductors sets of conductors and upsizing conductors to get the desired voltage drop.

I would let an engineer run the calculations for aluminum and cooper conductors.
Tonedeaf. Why would you have an engineer run a simple calculation? Is it required where you work?

·
Registered
196 Posts
I think you're going to need a transformer. I'm not sure exactly how far LIPA will let you go on a secondary, but I know I've had to run primary when a 600A service was half that distance.

·
Scotchkote Installer
30,669 Posts
I eluded local cops back on the 16 driving off from them when told to stop, they raced past as I sat in a neighbors driveway waiting to back out and go the other way.
Doc.. even if they don't have your plate number.. they know what your truck looks like..

Don't you know by now the cops always win and all you are doing is digging a deeper hole for when they catch up to you.. :no::no:

·
Salty Member
31,081 Posts
Doc.. even if they don't have your plate number.. they know what your truck looks like..

Don't you know by now the cops always win and all you are doing is digging a deeper hole for when they catch up to you.. :no::no:
He is either full of crap or an idiot or both.:laughing:

One day they will sodomize him with a night stick.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts