Electrician Talk banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
http://grenentec.com/new/

I've come across a lot of doubts from customers saying that there's no way to replace a 1,000W MH light with 400W anything. I hope to clear that up. We've been replacing 1,000W with new 400W Induction fixtures since 2005 and always hear nothing but "looks awesome!" from the customers.

Check out the survey our client did measuring the Lux levels before and after (comparing 400W HID to 400W Induction)...

We include a 10 year parts and labor warranty backed by a dedicated account set aside for each project. We sell the fixtures for $525 including shipping to distributors.

·
IIL- Innovative Induction
24 Posts
1000w

Great I have some of the Dual 200w in the field and operating for a couple of months with great results. This configuration is a fantastic option for the 1000w HID.
It is my opinion that the 1000w is used in some cases where less lumens are sufficient but the 1000w is the default option. Car lots are great examples and some induction companies are getting away with the 300w single RT shoebox. In many cases the 1000w are so past end of life that the 200w is a huge improvement.:thumbup:

Joe Pozak, Owner
Innovative Induction Lighting, LLC
+1 (859) 620-0705

www.GetIIL.com

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I agree. One thing I really like about the dual 200's is that if there ever is a failure, there are 2 lamps so they'll never be in the dark. At least one bulb would still be on and putting out the equivalent to a 400 or 500w HID until we fix it. Luckily we haven't had any failures yet though.

·
Registered
3,871 Posts
It's appears the brightness levels were altered in the photos.

I doubt these are original, untouched photos.

·
IIL- Innovative Induction
24 Posts
lumen measurements

I wish you had taken measurements as well before and after. As you know the "improvement" is correlated with how far past end of life the old lamps is.

·
Registered
474 Posts
I wish you had taken measurements as well before and after. As you know the "improvement" is correlated with how far past end of life the old lamps is.
100% correct.
I know brand new 250w HPS are brighter than old 400w HPS.

We just did 2 buildings side by side. and 400W metal halids... they loose 80% of their light after a few years.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Nice

Looks like a pretty good replacement to me... I might starting selling this to my customers. How long do the induction lights last?

·
Light Emitting Decoration
1,323 Posts
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spam_%28electronic%29

Check out the survey our client did measuring the Lux levels before and after (comparing 400W HID to 400W Induction)...

Improper use of light meter... but thanks for showing us the readings at different ranges as it makes misuse that much more obvious.

The light meter is horribly out of calibration, perhaps not lambda corrected and the wildly off values seem to indicate horribly high cosine error.

The cosine error is error in the meter that causes it to give incorrect value for offset incoming light.

I suspect it has to do with light distribution pattern of LED and spectral response of some cheapo Harbor Freight meter.

Note the fairly close reading on existing lights and compare to unacceptable levels of error in spammed products reading:

Spammed product back lot:
195.1 on 200 range
282 on 2,000 range. WTF?

side rear lot reads
199.3 on 200 range
211 on 2,000 range still off, but this level of error isn't alarming.

side front
172 on 200
270 on 2000 WTF?

·
Registered
1 Posts
400w lenes bursting

I recently replaced my 1000w HID's with 400w induction lights. I beleive it was the right thing to do. However, the protective lens are bursting.

Out of 200 fixtures 4 have burst on the production floor.

Any suggestion???

·
Registered
11,429 Posts

I've come across a lot of doubts from customers saying that there's no way to replace a 1,000W MH light with 400W anything. I hope to clear that up. We've been replacing 1,000W with new 400W Induction fixtures since 2005 and always hear nothing but "looks awesome!" from the customers.

We include a 10 year parts and labor warranty backed by a dedicated account set aside for each project. We sell the fixtures for $525 including shipping to distributors.
whats your cost for the fixtures?

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spam_%28electronic%29

Improper use of light meter... but thanks for showing us the readings at different ranges as it makes misuse that much more obvious.

The light meter is horribly out of calibration, perhaps not lambda corrected and the wildly off values seem to indicate horribly high cosine error.

The cosine error is error in the meter that causes it to give incorrect value for offset incoming light.

I suspect it has to do with light distribution pattern of LED and spectral response of some cheapo Harbor Freight meter.

Note the fairly close reading on existing lights and compare to unacceptable levels of error in spammed products reading:

Spammed product back lot:
195.1 on 200 range
282 on 2,000 range. WTF?

side rear lot reads
199.3 on 200 range
211 on 2,000 range still off, but this level of error isn't alarming.

side front
172 on 200
270 on 2000 WTF?
someone pissed in your wheaties.

·
RIP 1959-2015
39,618 Posts

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,871 Posts
Other than the photos being editted, I think he used the wrong type of distribution too.

He should of used a Type 4.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts