Electrician Talk banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Swimmer
692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
422.30 says I need a disconnect for a 20A, 240V convection oven that will be installed in a cabinet.
This oven was meant to be hardwired so 422.33 does not apply.

Does anyone know of a small disconnect that I can install in a 6" "drawer" space below the oven? I was thinking of the pull out type I've seen on jacuzzis.

422.31(B) says that if the breaker can be locked in the open position then the breaker can serve as the only disconnect. Does anyone know of a breaker or accessory that can be installed in place of or on a GE 20A 2-Pole TQL?

Thanks

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
2 pole 20 amp switch? No motors involved..so I would not bother with a motor rated switch. Fwiw, I have hard wired the flex that comes with the units to a 2 gang box I roughed in the wall, with a stainless plate and a 90 degree flex conn. Two of these ovens in one kitchen, plus a cook top. All wired like that.

·
Registered
2,491 Posts
mcclary's electrical said:
Hard wired?
Yes. I have only ever seen it even addressed or mentioned (besides here) once. Luxury condos we did in Venice Beach... Our foreman was insistent in finding a place to put a 60 amp fused disconnect somewhere in the kitchen for the ovens. We all laughed at him.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.