Electrician Talk banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Ready Mix concrete plant electrician
2,587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a garage with low bay MH fixtures that I need to swap in LED bulbs into, does anyone know of a decent brand of 480 volt bulbs?

·
Registered
Electrical Contractor
3,010 Posts
I've only used EIKO so I don't know how they compare to others. While I haven't used 480V, I have been satisfied with the other voltages.

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've only used EIKO so I don't know how they compare to others. While I haven't used 480V, I have been satisfied with the other voltages.

I've used Eiko before in the 100-277 range but never in 480, I suppose I'll have to try them and report back.

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Please report back, I'm interested in how well they work and light output. thanks
Will do, my local supply houses don't stock them and cannot order them either, time to make Bezos a little more profit:mad:

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
They are really bright for a dirty diesel garage, I think they are 6000K and are 125 watts. I'm reluctant to use chicom bulbs made by Mao's minions, but I'm using what is available. I really have no other choice.

·
Registered
industrial E,I&C
3,695 Posts
They are really bright for a dirty diesel garage, I think they are 6000K and are 125 watts. I'm reluctant to use chicom bulbs made by Mao's minions, but I'm using what is available. I really have no other choice.
On all of our 480v lighting we installed a 480 to 277 step down (about the size of a modern florescent ballast). Re-wiring the light controller is always a option depending on the voltages available on-site.

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
On all of our 480v lighting we installed a 480 to 277 step down (about the size of a modern florescent ballast). Re-wiring the light controller is always a option depending on the voltages available on-site.
I suppose in that regard I do have a choice, but given the circumstance and the work load I have pending at 10 other plants, it’ll do.

·
Registered
industrial E,I&C
3,695 Posts
I suppose in that regard I do have a choice, but given the circumstance and the work load I have pending at 10 other plants, it’ll do.

I would have done the same thing you did and the results look good. Eventually you will come across 480v E-lights which makes changing the lighting voltage way more attractive.

·
Registered
866 Posts

this company has 480V corn combs I haven't used their 480V ones but have installed 100's of the 120V-277V ones with no problems. I buy them through my local supply house but I think you can buy them direct.

·
Registered
Residential, lite comm., Industrial
370 Posts
I have a garage with low bay MH fixtures that I need to swap in LED bulbs into, does anyone know of a decent brand of 480 volt bulbs?
My supply house offers Topaz brand,,, 120 to 277.... i like them, but i dont know if they have 480

·
Registered
Estimator/PM last couple years. Switched to electrical trade in 1995.
66 Posts
Hate to break it to you but 90% of LED products come from CHINA. We deal with multiple LED distributors. Their reps go to CHINA often.
Regardless...they all should have 5 year warranty, so if it fails replace it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts