Electrician Talk banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Scada Supervisor
3,136 Posts
Are you talking about cutting a hole in box to mount it, or mount a box to the disconnect?

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
I guess you could as long as you can get the door open. Probably not a good idea to mount it on the handle side unless you want to beat up you knuckles.
Is there a reason you want to mount to the side of a disco?

·
Registered
Scada Supervisor
3,136 Posts
I have never been a fan of mounting them in disconnects or on the side of control panels

Reactions: SWDweller

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
My guess is that there is something under the disco that might be preventing you form mounting your receptacle there?
You need to maintain 30" of working space so if it's a small disco like a 30 amp or 60 amp you would still have room to nipple out the side and mount the recep to the wall instead of directly to the side of the disco.

·
Super Moderator
Elechicken!
3,796 Posts
Can I mount a 480v outlet on the side of the disconnect box?
Welcome to the forum... Please follow this link:

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
I'm attaching the box to the side of the disconnect box. I have nowhere else to mount it, unless I mount a uni-strut frame to the floor.
I don't see anything wrong with mounting a receptacle to the side of the disconnect or to a stand. What is the disconnect mounted to? The wall? A stand? Is there something under the disco that prevents you from mounting it there?

·
Super Moderator
Retired
17,172 Posts
Welcome to the forum... Please follow this link:

I sent him a PM a couple days ago and he has still not done anything.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts