Electrician Talk banner

50 Amp circuit breaker issue

366 1
Hi friends I was about to cook on my stove today and on accident locked the oven door instead of hitting the surface unlock button. In my defense the buttons look almost identical and I was on coffee number one lol

Anyway for whatever reason this tripped the breaker and when I turned it on the stove has power but only enough to make the clock work. I plugged the washer/dryer combo into the receptacle to try it and the washer runs but not the dryer. I'm no electrician but I think this is a double pole 25x2 50amp and one side is bad. Would love to hear your thoughts. Thanks much.
Electrical wiring Cable Gas Electrical supply Electronic engineering
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Administrator
Retired EC
24,772 Posts
You probably need a new breaker

Thanks for posting on ElectricianTalk.com, however, working with electricity can be unsafe if not done by a professional electrician. The moderators of this site would like to advise you to contact a professional in your area.

If you are permitted by law in your area to do your own electrical work, then please sign up at our sister site www.diychatroom.com where many of our professional electricians are also members there and would be happy to assist you.

Please take a moment to post your question at www.diychatroom.com. If you are not a member then sign up for a free account at www.diychatroom.com
/register.php/

We apologize for any inconvenience that this may have caused. This thread is closed.

Reactions: NHAZ
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.