Electrician Talk banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4,182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for a reputable online source for a replacement ballast for an AC-MH50-UVS electronic ballast

Found a few websites that sell them but I have never ordered from them before

Has anyone ever ordered from ballasts.com or blocklighting.com?

thanks in advance

·
Registered
2,173 Posts
I thought Mayer was a most in town, then Graybar, you just looking for price over convience?

·
Registered
2,173 Posts
I see your point, who stocks anything any more, plus their proud of their
prices.

·
RIP 1959-2015
39,618 Posts

·
Registered
4,182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
This is the ballast I need a replacement for

Trying to get one by Friday at the latest

Can only do the job on Sunday so was hoping I could get one ordered today

Guess I will call around Monday and see if anyone local has one

·
Registered
12,167 Posts
I'd call the number on that ballast. It should have a date code, and it might be under warranty. I had one from them (I think it was them) once that was under warranty and they were great about getting out the replacement.

·
Registered
4,182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'd call the number on that ballast. It should have a date code, and it might be under warranty. I had one from them (I think it was them) once that was under warranty and they were great about getting out the replacement.
I cant do that.

They must have had another electrician out to look at this light and they took the ballast out of it but never returned for the repair

I had to open another light and get the information from it

·
Premium Member
19,760 Posts
I find what i need from their site and then send the link to my distributed. He gets me the same or better pricing, I get 30 day terms and keep in my volume pricing.

·
Estwing magic
26,773 Posts
I find what i need from their site and then send the link to my distributed. He gets me the same or better pricing, I get 30 day terms and keep in my volume pricing.
I like that. Instead of shopping at the bricks and mortar and then purchasing on-line, you shop on-line and then purchase from the bricks and mortar.

That distributor is paying business tax and employing people in your city. Thumbs up to you! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well.....1000bulbs.com was a bust

Just received a phone call saying they were out of stock on that ballast and wouldn't be receiving any till the end of the month

I called the number on the original ballast and the manufacturer sells direct so I should have a direct replacement by Friday.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts