Electrician Talk banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know of a breaker lockout system that will satisfy 625.23?

I have been installing non fused disconnects, but I am looking for something that permanently attaches to a breaker to avoid the expense of the disco.

625.23 Disconnecting Means
For electric vehicle supply equipment rated more than 60 amperes or more than 150 volts to ground, the disconnecting means shall be provided and installed in a readily accessible location. The disconnecting means shall be capable of being locked in the open position. The provision for locking or adding a lock to the disconnecting means shall be installed on or at the switch or circuit breaker used as the disconnecting means and shall remain in place with or without the lock installed. Portable means for adding a lock to the switch or circuit breaker shall not be permitted.

·
Ditch Digging Dummy
1,860 Posts
Does anyone know of a breaker lockout system that will satisfy 625.23?

I have been installing non fused disconnects, but I am looking for something that permanently attaches to a breaker to avoid the expense of the disco.

625.23 Disconnecting Means
For electric vehicle supply equipment rated more than 60 amperes or more than 150 volts to ground, the disconnecting means shall be provided and installed in a readily accessible location. The disconnecting means shall be capable of being locked in the open position. The provision for locking or adding a lock to the disconnecting means shall be installed on or at the switch or circuit breaker used as the disconnecting means and shall remain in place with or without the lock installed. Portable means for adding a lock to the switch or circuit breaker shall not be permitted.
http://m.platt.com/platt-electric-s...kable/Siemens/ECPLD2/Products.aspx?pid=645205
We are allowed to use these instead of a disconnect. Maybe you can too? They are permanently installed and capable of being locked into the off position. Couldn't hurt to check it out.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.