Electrician Talk banner

A bad day at the office

5K views 52 replies 24 participants last post by  220/221 
#1 ·
Fortunately, no one was working Saturday. The office manager's desk was obliterated.

Apparently the driver had a seziure, crossed oncoming traffic, jumped a couple curbs, plowed down a tree, just missed a light pole and ended up in my office.

We had a big pile of merchandise sitting in the office, waiting to be returned to a vendor. I have to sort thru the rubble tomorrow to see how much is left.

Driver was unscathed.

Stay tuned for the security camera footage :thumbup:

See less See more
#8 · (Edited)
She must have had the pedal to the metal. That is a concrete block structure.

The slab is about 12: above the parking lot. She must have ramped up over the curb.

She did hit the weakest point, under the window. It's prety much like hittingg a 4' block wall.

But, you've got some cleaning up to do.
It's a mess, for sure. I will deal with it tomorrow.

Too bad they missed the light pole, could have been an easy fix.
She barely clipped it with a tire and knocked the prefabbed base about an inch out of square.

#12 ·
We did that at a remodel one time. Used a sawzall to cut out the shape of someone running thru the drywall :laughing:

It is funny how the window was untouched...until the tow truck pulled it out :rolleyes:

she in the hospital?
She didn't want to go but she is at the hospital. Only seat belt bruises. Modern vehicles are pretty protective. She had to be doing 60+ to end up there.

#17 ·
You know what's interesting, although she most likely knew she had a seizure condition and probably wasn't taking her meds, if your secretary was there and was killed I doubt the woman would have any remorse and would get away with it.

I'd be curious as to wether she was on her anti seziure medicine, what caused her attack, how she ended up going so fast. This should be treated as an investigation just as if she killed someone. Because it's highly probable someone could of been killed and this woman could strike again

Reactions: randas
#22 ·
As our population ages this is more and more common less than a month ago similar thing happened at the local pizza joint...no one hurt...they rarely mention these things on the news anymore....glad no one hurt...hey new furniture time:whistling2:...

#23 ·
That chit happens all the time here.

There's an apartment complex I drive by a lot and pretty regularly the section of block wall with their sign right on the street corner is gone, last time they just got the letters put on when someone took it down again :laughing:

#25 ·
I did repairs for Allstate 30+ years ago. Half of our county is retirement villages. At least once every couple of months, we would be called to fix stuff where a senior backed out of the garage with the door still closed and pulled out the door frame and some wiring. More than once, the driver would panic, shift into drive and floor it, running through the room in front of the garage and out the back of the house.

#26 ·
at least that window was missed, one less thing to replace/fix. lol

having seizures sux for sure

glad no one got hurt

#27 ·
at least that window was missed, one less thing to replace/fix. lol
The window broke during the extraction. I knew it was going to. The tow guy put wooden ramps so the car would slide cleanly onto his bed and that raised it just enough to catch the window on the way out.

glad no one got hurt
Except for me, this morning, cleaning up the debris I ****ed up my back. :jester:

#40 ·
BBQ said:
To each their own. :thumbsup:
I didn't say you were the only I one. I do find it funny though someone states their option and then people get butt hurt over something that has nothing to do with them. You haven't personally had experience with this, I have.

#43 ·
I didn't say you were the only I one.
Actually you pretty much did single me out.:laughing:

I do find it funny though someone states their option and then people get butt hurt over something that has nothing to do with them.
Not butt hurt at all, and I doubt the others are either, just pointing out what a stupid rant you went on.

You haven't personally had experience with this, I have.
Oh, that's right, I forgot, you know what my life experience has been.:rolleyes:

I don't have elderly family members at all.

#44 · (Edited)
BBQ said:
Actually you pretty much did single me out.:laughing: Not butt hurt at all, and I doubt the others are either, just pointing out what a stupid rant you went on. Oh, that's right, I forgot, you know what my life experience has been.:rolleyes: I don't have elderly family members at all.
Where the hell in the original post does it say it was an old elderly grandmother? Unless you're implying only old people have seizures? I find it funny that ponyboy says she should never have had a license and I say a full investigation should be done then all of the sudden it's like I told you your grandmother should be locked up in a padded room and you get pissed

You do realize the only part where an older lady was mentioned was from a completely unrelated accident by a different poster?

Although based on your other posts around here I can see you do lack some reading comprehension.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.