Electrician Talk banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
My boss man gave me one of those # giddy ups one time. I don't know if it was old or what but they wouldn't stick at all. Of course he acted like I was a hack that I wanted a # book.

·
IBEW MEMBER
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My boss man gave me one of those # giddy ups one time. I don't know if it was old or what but they wouldn't stick at all. Of course he acted like I was a hack that I wanted a # book.
the ones I used today were by 3m and stickier than the books by far.

·
IBEW MEMBER
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I've used them a couple of times to hang mounts for wall mounted flat screen TVs. Work great and haven't heard of any problems and one was over a year ago.
they are so much quicker and easier than those damn weak toggle bolts. used them to hang a heavy panel. but we also put three bolts to the stud in the middle as well. its too easy really. drill 1/2 in hole, zip it in, the zip part even snugs up and fits the hole perfect, cut the plastics off flush. and at ease stick your bolt when ready.

·
IBEW MEMBER
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ok I take back everything on the wire marker dispenser. they do come off easily in time because they are plastic. brady tags are cloth type and will stay. bummer

·
Electron Flow Consultant
3,309 Posts
It's amazing all of the different parts and pieces than can be used. I'm an industrial guy and I've seen and used those.

·
Registered
31,879 Posts
When I worked in the field, I was always on the lookout for new products to simplify work. Trade magazines, supply houses and other electricians always great sources and today the internet.

·
92 Posts
$10 dollar for a bag of 10 plastic toggles? No thank You, i rather pay $15 for a box of 100.
That's the thing with all these cool new products, the saved labor just doesn't come close to covering the extra cost.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I've used the togglers for years, got my guys hooked on them. They get mad now if they need to use a (wing) toggle bolt. Some of the other trades have seen them and have liked them also.

They come in #10 to 1/2" sizes. #10 has a 800 lb pull out and 1/4" has 1000 lb pull out. We get ours out of McMaster Carr, or Grainger.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts