Electrician Talk banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everybody I'm a new guy starting out as an apprentice. I had almost given up hope but a call from the local Jatc last week and I'm in after 6 months of waiting.I am currently an apartment maintenance technician, but really haven't liked it. Casing point in order for me to get parts to repair an apartment it has to be approved by manager and area director before it's ordered usually taking a week if not more to replace something like a kitchen sink. I feel pretty prepared as I have most of the toolsI need (enjoyed doing electrical hobbies). Found out I'm with a company that mainly installs backup generators. Next week I go for a week of safety training then to the contractor. I'm sure I'll have questions and plan on asking them.

·
Electrical Simpleton
3,350 Posts
Welcome aboard and good luck.

Pete

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
welcome aboard
dont hesitate to ask questions and when working with a senior electrician or master pay attention and take notes on procedures , tests and results, and special instructions they give you.

be neat and thorough in your job as that will impress your boss and customers alike.

one other thing if you have the chance take all the schooling you can get.:laughing:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Welcome to the trade R.R.
As gnuuser stated never be embarrassed to ask questions and try to get as much training and education about the trade as you can. Good luck to you.

·
RIP 1959-2015
39,618 Posts
Hello everybody I'm a new guy starting out as an apprentice. I had almost given up hope but a call from the local Jatc last week and I'm in after 6 months of waiting.I am currently an apartment maintenance technician, but really haven't liked it. Casing point in order for me to get parts to repair an apartment it has to be approved by manager and area director before it's ordered usually taking a week if not more to replace something like a kitchen sink. I feel pretty prepared as I have most of the toolsI need (enjoyed doing electrical hobbies). Found out I'm with a company that mainly installs backup generators. Next week I go for a week of safety training then to the contractor. I'm sure I'll have questions and plan on asking them.

Hello Welcome aboard/...:thumbup:

·
Registered
782 Posts
dnt worry it always starts that way.but soon you will begin to like that place.all the best and wellcome to this forum.

Sent from my HUAWEI Y210-0100 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
You sure you got all the tools. Many locals require a wire stretcher. Some will supply them. Ask your business agent to be sure. And be safe out there. Week of safety is just the start.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I used this site to see what the most popular tools were and whatever I didn't have I went out and bought or some tools got replaced for more quality tools. I did have tubing cutters, linesmans, side angle cutters, 9-in-1 screwdriver combo, a Ridgid power tool combo kit, and a fluke 87v. Still had a 600 budget, so I pretty much bight everything I thought I might need that were the basics. Now I'm just going to use the if I have to borrow it twice I need to buy it rule

1 - 8 of 8 Posts