Electrician Talk banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
20,981 Posts
Nope, 30 is perfect. That shows many people that you are responsible, and have gotten over the follies of youth. You're still plenty young enough to work hard.

·
Premium Member
20,981 Posts
If you folks don't mind I would very interested in hearing about your experience as an apprentice. I'm sure there were times that doubt may have tried creeping up on you or frustration took you over for a moment but you all made it / making it.
People are people. There is nothing peculiar with the electrical trade that will frustrate you or put doubts in your head, versus learning any other trade. It's all in the people you work around and for. Some guys play their cards (information) close to their chest, and don't tolerate questions kindly. You need to just observe these types (visually) and do exactly as they do. Other guys really really like it if you ask questions, because they don't really know what to point out to you to teach you if you don't ask. Other guys make you feel like you're in kindergarden, talking down to you about every little thing. Like I say, people are people. Just don't be too thin skinned, try to figure out the personality types of the guys you're working with, and learn everything you can. Some of your best learning will be on your own.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.