Electrician Talk banner

A new ladder safety pic

4K views 32 replies 26 participants last post by  denny3992 
#1 ·
Well at least new to me.

Attachments

See less See more
#21 ·
Gives me the shivers just looking at it. Not afraid of heights, just afraid of falling and landing.

Once had to work on 8' fluorescence's in a garage on top of a 16' old wooden step ladder. I was much younger and foolish back then. That thing would sway back and forth at least 10-12", creaking and groaning. The top left dents in my shins for days from trying to leverage my legs against it to stay still. Never again! That is what they make lifts for.

#23 ·
I would send them to the house. No reason to do that. Rental places have 1 man lifts that 1 person can load into a pick up. That will go thru standard doors easily. Add the cost of the lift to the service ticket and go on. Cheaper than a OSHA ticket, or a trip to the workers comp clinic.

#25 ·
RHWilks said:
I would send them to the house. No reason to do that. Rental places have 1 man lifts that 1 person can load into a pick up. That will go thru standard doors easily. Add the cost of the lift to the service ticket and go on. Cheaper than a OSHA ticket, or a trip to the workers comp clinic.
Agreed, but I mean before that. Set up some kids' moonwalks and surround him with those :D :D. Possibly throw him a Spider-Man suit.

#30 ·
A frames were my biggest concern. I could never see how they were even legal to use. I have not seen one in years. Do they still make them?

I remember once on an A frame running conduit. The ladder fell sideways and I was hanging onto the ceiling framework.
Lucky I had a ground man and he stood it right back up for me. otherwise I would have fell.
Seems an A frame needs outriggers?

I have never been on one since and never will.
Like I have said countless times on this forum.
"The things we did back in the day were so dangerous and frankly stupid". I am not sure how many of us made whole careers out of this trade.

When I was young, I did whatever I had to do, to get the job done.
When I got older, I would rather loose my job than do something unsafe.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.