Electrician Talk banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
animal lover /rat bastard
13,543 Posts
well, cali is a 3rd world country, right ? (2nd pic is much better. I couldn't tell it was a baker on the 1st)

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
I once did something very similar when I underbid a sign lighting job at a country inn and suites... Then got the lift stuck in the mud and couldn't afford it for another day. Really really sucked. I think my worst miscalculation ever.

Sent from my iPad using electriciantalk.com

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
good god a ladder on a stand!
looks like he might have it lashed in the middle but its hard to tell in that pic
at least hes staying between the rails

·
felonious smile.
15,934 Posts
I have changed 400 watt heads that way. My boss had us doing that way years ago. I got to used to it, must be the native balance

·
Registered
12,167 Posts
If you haven't pulled a few circus tricks like this to get the job done, you're not a real electrician. :yes:
My biggest thing like that is changing a canopy light (gas station) standing on top of a 12' step ladder. And I mean on the very top step. I did it 3 times and decided I was lucky and never did it again. In fact, I sold that ladder because if I need to be that high, it's going to be in a lift and if the customer can't afford it then someone else is doing it.

I hope that guy figures out he should not do that before he gets hurt.

·
Registered
2,175 Posts
I'm about to do the same, I need to clean and paint my over hang. I have a 4
foot over hang, I can back my truck up to the house and the underground garage door
and I can use truck rack with lumber across-from the porch on one side or
to the ground on the other of the rack, or just use lumber on the rack.

This way I don't need to buy a 24 footer. I borrowed one last time.

I guess I have to try cleaning and painting again off a extended painters pole, tommorrow

"JO-MAX" is the Cats meow for cleaning outdoor surfaces!!!

Did I mention I hate painting! :no:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.